So could you help me out here?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
schmambuman

So could you help me out here?

Post by schmambuman » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:11 pm

Hey, just preordered the game, and so far it looks great, it's pretty difficult taking out any more than 2 guards at a time without being a wolf, but still...

Anyways, I just downloaded the game on windows XP, and whenever it gets to the loading env objects stage of the preloading, an error comes up. Many times. This only happens on the Red shards map too.

On of the many error messages that I recieve is: "Whale fail :(
Texture file "Data/Textures/Crete/hex/hex_crete_half_slope_w.tga" not found. Default texture loaded instead"

This happens about 10 or so times with different textures.

The game still works and plays, it's just that all the rocks are plaid, and the "red" shards are actually a drab blue, which defeats the purpose of being red.

I'm assuming a reinstall would be necessary, but is there another way that doesn't involve redownloading it?

Kicktar

Re: So could you help me out here?

Post by Kicktar » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:08 pm

Don't bother, it's a problem everyone has.

schmambuman

Post by schmambuman » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:12 pm

OK, so it's not just my program? Will this be fixed in the next alpha update?

Thanks, btw

Alpharius

Post by Alpharius » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:59 am

Its missing some textures. If you can find the original post of the alpha the red shards map was put in, they should have all the missing files up for download and you'll need to place them in the specified folders yourself. I cant remember which alpha it was in, but maybe someone would be generous enough to give them to you here sooner or later

schmambuman

Post by schmambuman » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:11 am

Alpharius wrote:Its missing some textures. If you can find the original post of the alpha the red shards map was put in, they should have all the missing files up for download and you'll need to place them in the specified folders yourself. I cant remember which alpha it was in, but maybe someone would be generous enough to give them to you here sooner or later
I'm assuming he'll fix it eventually, and since the map is still playable I don't really mind. However, the desert outpost for some reason isn't working, it gets an error when it loads hotspots. It worked before, but I think I overloaded the map or something, because I put a lot of AI controllled characters. Do other people have this problem?

Alpharius

Post by Alpharius » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:47 pm

schmambuman wrote:
Alpharius wrote:Its missing some textures. If you can find the original post of the alpha the red shards map was put in, they should have all the missing files up for download and you'll need to place them in the specified folders yourself. I cant remember which alpha it was in, but maybe someone would be generous enough to give them to you here sooner or later
I'm assuming he'll fix it eventually, and since the map is still playable I don't really mind. However, the desert outpost for some reason isn't working, it gets an error when it loads hotspots. It worked before, but I think I overloaded the map or something, because I put a lot of AI controllled characters. Do other people have this problem?
oh, yea that hotspot error has happened to me before. It did have something to do with the AI controlled characters, and i was able to work around it because i had an older save of the level. Maybe you can go inside the file itself, find the character and delete it?