Dismemberment.

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
schmambuman

Re: Dismemberment.

Post by schmambuman » Sun May 08, 2011 11:40 am

Perhaps the very last enemy in a battle could be stunned, so you could perform a "fatality"...

brigadesoft

Post by brigadesoft » Sun May 08, 2011 1:24 pm

schmambuman wrote:Perhaps the very last enemy in a battle could be stunned, so you could perform a "fatality"...
:( I'm not a fan of artificial modifiers and bonuses to attacks; like, the fact that I'm able to perform a special "fatality" move because he's the last enemy or whatever. If there's dismemberment, it should happen whenever it would logically/realistically happen, in my opinion.

GhostSade

Post by GhostSade » Sun May 08, 2011 2:51 pm

brigadesoft wrote:
schmambuman wrote:Perhaps the very last enemy in a battle could be stunned, so you could perform a "fatality"...
:( I'm not a fan of artificial modifiers and bonuses to attacks; like, the fact that I'm able to perform a special "fatality" move because he's the last enemy or whatever. If there's dismemberment, it should happen whenever it would logically/realistically happen, in my opinion.
Agree completely.
I personally support dismemberment, obviously not as ridiculous as every kill, but I mean, if you have, say a katana, and you come up from behind on an unarmored (at least in the shoulder) enemy, and you do a really strong attack, I want to see a fucking arm come off, plus a ton of blood. It only makes sense.

schmambuman

Post by schmambuman » Sun May 08, 2011 5:34 pm

brigadesoft wrote:
Lol, I was joking. I think if dismemberment is added, it should either be after an incredibly strong attack by a strong character (like a wolf) or with a large weapon with a lot of weight behind it. Or maybe this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0DdtTw_Cxc

stev

Post by stev » Wed May 11, 2011 8:20 am

With the new weapon update, does anybody think any of the weapons are capable of dismemberment? Or have any weapons they think Turner could wield that would dismember/decapitate enemies?

Wonderful Spud

Post by Wonderful Spud » Fri May 13, 2011 7:06 pm

After reading the comic, I love the idea of dismemberment. Especially because it completely changes the way you view the characters. I mean, at first I thought the whole humanoid bunnies thing was kinda wierd and silly, but after reading the comic it was like "Shit just got real".

As for realism, I think you should always value gameplay above realism. If somethings fun add it and MAKE it realistic. For example: If there are ninja rabbits, why not say that rabbit craftsmen can make blades with such skill that they are sharp enough to dismember? or that these rabbits have weak bones becuase they need to be light, which also would explain the rabbits incredible jumping ability. I dunno, these are just off the top of my head, but you can see where i'm going with it.

Altair44

Post by Altair44 » Sat May 14, 2011 7:28 pm

I find dismemberment a little bit too overdone, It would be nice if it would be like Mortal Kombat 9. Where you get hurt, there's wounds, torn gear, blood, torn off skin/chunks of skin, everywhere.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Fri May 20, 2011 7:49 pm

I agree with GhostSade. If that huge sword Turner wields in the videos came down at you hard enough, whatever it hit would snap in two. Forget about a wrist, a neck, an arm, I'm talking both legs at once, if like a dog or wolf was wielding it. Rabbits shouldn't be able to do that though. That's another thing! It would be really cool if in different hands (or paws), weapons were wielded with more or less strength and speed, depending on the strength of the animal. Like I don't want to see a little rat carrying that giant dog hammer with the same strength as a dog.

rakkar

Post by rakkar » Sun May 22, 2011 4:00 am

I personally think that, if done correctly, dismemberment could certainly be a good thing for this game.

However, we should not forget that dismemberment takes a lot of force.

I think it would also be good, though even harder to implement, to have some kind of half dismemberment, where the weapon doesn't go through the enemy, but rather gets stuck (whether the wielder can then get it out, would probably depend on the situation) a bit like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HIED-aA ... age#t=135s