dodging?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
human_dictionary
Location: united states of the united kingdom of teletubbyland

dodging?

Post by human_dictionary » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:16 am

maybe there could be a dodge move with controls like 'press right click while crouching to dodge'. this would pose problems though. a limit may have to be posed on active blocking. dodging will be more efficient as you wont take hits, but your opponent wont be 'stunned' and you will slow down a bit. any thought on this?

Rovert

Re: dodging?

Post by Rovert » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:09 am

I like the idea of dodging, though the whole blocking mechanic still has some tweaking to undergo before it's perfect. Though I would like to see this idea. I'm sure that most (if not all) of the moves shown in Lugaru will make it to Overgrowth in one form or another.

mycathasrabies

Post by mycathasrabies » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:42 pm

Did you know you can already dodge? Not by pressing a button, but by timing a crouch or jump to the right attack.

If they punch you, you can crouch and avoid it.

If they sweep kick(and you jump literally when they attempt it, or before) then you can avoid that too.

It is very hard, but if you play in slo mo it is possible....

Although a doge button would be nice, I think countering/blocking should be improved and keep in the crouch and jumping so that players have to really time it and not just "press the dodge button".

If an enemy does a high kick you can actually sweep kick them first if you did it at the same time, you literally duck right under the kick, VERY awesome. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

SilentSouth

Post by SilentSouth » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:00 pm

Perhaps dodging could be a special ability for the 'rat' race rather then blocking.

last

Post by last » Tue May 03, 2011 3:56 am

dodging should help to get away from leg cannon to. i see it like this. someone is doing a leg cannon and you just take few steps to the left or right, back or forvard depending on leg cannon direction and leg cannon should be missed then. i think something similar sould work with judo throw to so this two moves would'nt be unblockable

greader

Post by greader » Sat May 07, 2011 12:44 pm

you should be able to dodge a leg cannon by timing a roll. What pissed me off in Lugaru is that one kick from a wolf would kill you if you were rolling. :(