Unofficial Overgrowth a129, weekly build

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Jeff
Evil Twin

Unofficial Overgrowth a129, weekly build

Post by Jeff » Tue May 03, 2011 12:33 am

The unofficial, Overgrowth a129 leaked build is here!

(watch in hd)

Changelog:
- Material weapon impact sounds
- Distant weapon impacts have low pass and delay
- Sharpness map for cat weapons and old sword
- Weapons stick if they land on a sharp part
- Weapon sparkle locator
- Weapons reset when level is reset
- Fixed items disappearing at level load
- Fixed sudden whoosh when picking up weapons
- Fixed auto undo of first action in empty levels

A "leaked build" is when John and I grab the latest SVN build and package it up for you guys. It has a ton of known bugs, so don't worry if it doesn't work for you. It is not condoned by David and Aubrey but we want to keep you guys in the loop and give you stuff to play with regularly!

*NEW* If you find any bugs, please email a full description along with your system specs to [email protected]. We are testing out a new bug system.

*NOTE* Please remember that these are unofficial alphas and they do not represent a finished product. They are not even polished builds, just straight up raw development dumps not intended for public consumption.

To download the alpha, use one of these links (please use the mirrors!)

Win (exe): slow original fast EU mirror 1 BitTorrent - please seed
MD5 = b85a58ab3785ac6254ed156fdec9f0df

Mac: slow original fast EU mirror 1 BitTorrent - please seed
MD5 = 011e0f9bd7ef658d3fcfa87d8f46ca87

Please use the speedy mirrors, they are all graciously provided by Mow of FoCo Gaming and should provide much faster download speeds. They will also save us a lot of money. :D

Just want the changes from the last alpha to a129? http://cdn.wolfire.com/alpha/diffs/a129.zip

Subscribe to the dev blog!

Note! No Linux support at the moment -- we are waiting on Awesomium for these. AJS says that Linux support is on the horizon, but we cannot make any concrete estimates for it. In the meantime, we are working with the creator of Berkelium to switch to that, which has a Linux build, so we will no longer be dependent on Awesomium.

adwuga

Re: Unofficial Overgrowth a129, weekly build

Post by adwuga » Tue May 03, 2011 12:38 am

this will be so cool with armor. it can be harder to penetrate, either deflecting or slowing the attack. that would be awesome

jixxen

Post by jixxen » Tue May 03, 2011 12:43 am

adwuga wrote:this will be so cool with armor. it can be harder to penetrate, either deflecting or slowing the attack. that would be awesome
I think that's a good idea, they should def's add that.

Deaths Call 97

Post by Deaths Call 97 » Tue May 03, 2011 12:49 am

Armor is definately a plus, however, it should also add some problems for the user, like weight and speed reduction.

Also, the animations for rabbits should be more fluid, wolves more powerful, and cats a semi-combo of both. Should also give a 'strength' style to each type, so like rabbits would be better with weapons, but not deal as much damage, wolves would deal a ton of damage, but have limited attacks, and cats would be a combo again.

LugaruFan

Post by LugaruFan » Tue May 03, 2011 1:03 am

This is pretty awesome and that was a good shot David did when he threw the dagger into the tree.

EDIT:
I just played and I dropped the hammer on some grassy-stony terrain, (eroded) on the woods map
and it still made a grass sound, this is not a great deal but it would be cool if it were to be fixed.

Because there's no weapon usage yet I drop hammers on peoples heads :P and it kills them, and when their dead I drop a weapon onto them :lol:

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk » Tue May 03, 2011 1:24 am

Yeah armor would be cool

An armor system like Oblivion's would be cool were light lets you move fast but has little protection and vice versa

Azminday

Post by Azminday » Tue May 03, 2011 2:33 am

Okay, it may just be me but the "Slow Original" Download has always been faster.
I don't mind using a slower download if it saves you guys money, just don't try and trick me. :mrgreen:
Also love the changes this alpha

eggfillet

Post by eggfillet » Tue May 03, 2011 5:58 am

Azminday wrote:Okay, it may just be me but the "Slow Original" Download has always been faster.
I don't mind using a slower download if it saves you guys money, just don't try and trick me. :mrgreen:
Also love the changes this alpha
It is faster, because no one uses the option. When everyone uses the slower download, it is actually slow due to bandwidth limit.

Pete Hawk

Post by Pete Hawk » Tue May 03, 2011 7:16 am

Great stuff yet again. But I was expecting a lot more updates :(

Karan Vess

Post by Karan Vess » Tue May 03, 2011 7:25 am

fkmjg,jhgg
Last edited by Karan Vess on Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GreenFlame

Post by GreenFlame » Tue May 03, 2011 7:31 am

Yeah, quite agree, physical simulation of armor penetration is awesome to think about, and many times more awesome to see and if you realize that the man, who implements it is David Rosen you can get a syncope =)
Just mindblowing awesomeness =D

Radman

Post by Radman » Tue May 03, 2011 8:14 am

Strange. The confing.txt changes don't affect the game. I put the fullscreen to true, but still it doesn't work as it did before.

Any ideas?

GreenFlame

Post by GreenFlame » Tue May 03, 2011 8:27 am

I have Alpha 128 and i haven't found the config.txt file but i found defaults.txt at the same place, edited it and it started to work, i thought it was only like a backup for default settings but something changed, it seems. So, may be it will work the same way for you =)

esszach

Post by esszach » Tue May 03, 2011 9:50 am

weapons aren't sticking into trees or the ground for me :o

Nextil

Post by Nextil » Tue May 03, 2011 9:55 am

Radman wrote:Strange. The confing.txt changes don't affect the game. I put the fullscreen to true, but still it doesn't work as it did before.

Any ideas?
Are you trying to edit the one in the game folder or in Documents (assuming you're using Windows). I think you have to edit the one in Documents to change stuff.