Special Finishers

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Altair44

Special Finishers

Post by Altair44 » Sat May 14, 2011 7:31 pm

I've been thinking on combat in overgrowth lately, and I've noticed that every time you punch/kick somebody, they always fall to the ground. Doesn't that feel a little boring? You say to yourself. I'd like if you were able to finish off your enemies like in Assassin's Creed, TES V: Skyrim, and others with finishers.

The user would be able to either finish them off, or just hit them and they're gone. It would be a nice addition to Overgrowth, and make combat a much more exciting thing.

Like say if the enemy begins to stagger on their dying breath, the player can press right click and he will Initiate a finisher for example, he grabs the enemy by the arm, the player gets his elbow and smashes it on the enemy arm, causing the enemy to start screaming then dies a slow rabbit death.

Kompatriot

Re: Special Finishers

Post by Kompatriot » Sun May 15, 2011 1:49 am

There were "finishers" in lugaru, weren't there?

Krabman318

Post by Krabman318 » Sun May 15, 2011 7:26 am

Well, I´d like that if finishing moves are implemented, they would always occur on the killing blow, since that wouldn´t affect gameplay.

Black_Stormy

Post by Black_Stormy » Sun May 15, 2011 6:32 pm

I think you could mod that in pretty easily, the basic building blocks are already there. You'd just have to have a script check for the enemies health and when it is low enough have a weighted variable to decide whether or not to do the finishing attack. The finishing attack could be modded in just like any other attack. That said, I don't have a clue what I'm talking about when it comes to code.