all it needs is bleach

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
ARRI

all it needs is bleach

Post by ARRI » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:23 pm

all this game now needs is katanas and bleach characters then i will play it all day long it would be the best game ever imagine running with ichigo slashing characters all over them (blood everywhere) admit it it would be cool :mrgreen:

Unwoundpath

Re: all it needs is bleach

Post by Unwoundpath » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:47 pm

Go play bleach then.

ARRI

Post by ARRI » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:53 pm

bleach not on PC :cry: but still love overgrowth :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Rovert

Post by Rovert » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:58 pm

Well there's 100% no chance of that happening in the full release, but someone may make a mod for it in the future...

Spiney

Post by Spiney » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:01 am

That would be serious copyright infringement :lol:

DillonBarba

Post by DillonBarba » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:41 am

maybe u can liek splash it in der eyes maybe idk lol

Revnant666

Post by Revnant666 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:04 am

Turner from lugaru and overgrowth would own any stupid anime character

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:22 am

Revnant666 wrote:Turner from lugaru and overgrowth would own any stupid anime character
In many anime series, it's the main hero who's the stupid one, and as such if Turner owned them, the anime hero would soon have increased in power so that he could now own Turner. :D

I don't think anime series are very good at showing interesting fights. There are very few series that I'd watch just for the fights, and the plots in the series with fights are usually quite bad. I stopped following Bleach soon after the main cast left the human world because it just didn't interest me any more. Even when I watch a series that's supposed to be about fights, I've found myself watching them more for the characters, jokes, relationships etc instead of the fights. :(

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:50 am

I agree with Endo actually, fights are often not interesting in animes. The reason for this - for me - is that the characters become over powered to the point of them being able to withstand almost anything. This makes the fights feel very meaningless as you know that whenever any of the important characters seem to be below the opponent he'll either suddenly become super powerful, reveal a secret new technique which turns the tide, or become defeated (but not die) and then return in a later episode. It's just not exciting any longer, other than for the story.

The reason I like the combat in Lugaru and Overgrowth so much is because it's very realistic for a video game. There are no over powered attacks (ok maybe the rabbit kick right now in OG ;P ), and you are either on equal footing with your opponent, or you're weaker than your opponent. This makes it feel like you're actually better than your opponent when you beat them, especially when you manage to beat a wolf for instance for the first time.

But yeah, a Bleach mod would be pretty awesome. I just hope that if someone makes one they will not use the Bleach IP, just to be safe from getting shut down and stuff (maybe it could be called "Dye"? ;) ).

Also, if there was a Bleach mod, maybe I would be able to get my friend to play it. :P

johndh

Post by johndh » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:13 pm

Silverfish wrote:I agree with Endo actually, fights are often not interesting in animes. The reason for this - for me - is that the characters become over powered to the point of them being able to withstand almost anything.
This is what bothered me the most about the Devil May Cry anime. They'd build up to a fight for the whole episode, and it would be over in a couple seconds because Dante was just that much of a badass.

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:50 pm

Oh and by the way, if someone knows of a good anime that's more realistic, please let me know as I might be interested in it. :)

m3nace

Post by m3nace » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:22 pm

More realistic? How? As in more realistic fights or generally just more down to earth?

ARRI

Post by ARRI » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:39 pm

the game would still be a lot better if their is more characters who know how the game could turn out and more attaks a LOT more and olso when fighting with the sword would be nice to slash an opponent more than once I know th game is still in dev mode i see a big future for this game

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:09 am

ARRI wrote:The game would still be a lot better if there were; more characters who know how the game could turn out, more attacks (a LOT more), and finally, when fighting with the sword it would be nice to slash an opponent more than once. I know the game is still being developed/is in Alpha, but I see a big future for it!
Well said sir! chances are they will add several of those things! although I'm not entirely sure what you meant by "more characters who know how the game could turn out"

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:17 am

Silverfish wrote:Oh and by the way, if someone knows of a good anime that's more realistic, please let me know as I might be interested in it. :)
Shura no Toki
What makes it realistic: The fights are cruel, rather short, and deadly. And brutal. There's little blood shown, but few events in there are ugly. Yeouch. The historical setting is seen over several generations, with technology marching on and the changes in warfare cuasing cultural troubles. Historical names and places and events are thrown around a lot.

What makes it unrealistic: The main protagonist goes around beating people with swords and other melee weapons, using only unarmed techniques.

What else? It's clearly a low-budget animation. There are three generations in there, but the main protagonist's design is always reused... The first generation-switch was very jarring because I didn't realize the new guy wasn't the old guy.

Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo

Excellent combat choreography, in both series. Not realistic, but it's not overpowered, just exaggerated and stylized. Cowboy Bebop is low scifi (spacecraft a bit more advanced than today's aircraft, humans have inhabited several planets in the solar system). Samurai Champloo is anachronistic feudal Japan (it's feudal Japan, except when it isn't, e.g. the capoiera-using protagonist and the music).