Throw yet not good enough?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!

Should throw be activated by pressing Left Mouse Button during a throw?

Yes
28%
No
21%
Dunno..
52%

Total votes: 29

Diablodoc

Throw yet not good enough?

Post by Diablodoc » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:30 am

The throw is remarkably optimised..
However I still feel that since it's triggered by holding down the right mouse-button.. I'm still forced to throw if I'm unlucky.

I'd like to suggest throwing being triggerable only by pressing Left Mouse Button during the block, rather than forcefully being autotriggered if you don't release the button soon enough.. This will make you able to decide what to do, which I believe would be a better default.

Endoperez

Re: Throw yet not good enough?

Post by Endoperez » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:40 am

I voted "dunno" because I believe David is better at analyzing and creating game mechanics than me, and as such, when he gets to finalizing the controls they'll be good and clear.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:05 pm

I never had that problem. I tap to block, tap and hold to throw. It was never very vague or ambiguous to me, but I'm sure David will get results he's happy with, and those are probably results we'll be happy with, too.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:09 am

I'm slightly biased on this, because I have a Mac mouse (can't hold 2 buttons at once), but nevertheless I voted no.

GaGrin

Post by GaGrin » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:48 pm

I'm finding a similar issue, but I think it's mostly lack of practice than a particular problem. I can see the merit of both ways, so I'm really not sure.

That said the game is very fast paced and sometimes the timings seem extremely strict. Some of that is intentional I'm sure, but throws are something you don't ever want to do accidentally since they're very slow actions compared to most of the other fighting.

I'm going to sit on the fence on this one til the combat is more or less done - this sort of control seems like a tweak rather than something vital to me at the moment and it might be a problem that just goes away with practice.