Sumair Custom Map

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Jacktheawesome

Sumair Custom Map

Post by Jacktheawesome » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:14 am

Hey guys. This map is a bit different. Basically, Escape is taking a really long time, and I can only work on weekends, and complications are arising, so I realized it won't be out for a while. But I wanted to feel like I was releasing something, so I just decided to post the place I practice fighting. It's really something you could do yourself, there's nothing special about it, but some of you might like the idea. It's an emptied map, for maximum framerate, and you can really add on to it any ways you want. Walls, weapons, more enemies, knock yourself out. Which you will, because there's a fatal drop. So yadda yadda, here it is.
Sumair
Screen shot 2011-08-26 at 11.01.08 PM.png
Sumair.xml.zip
(1.08 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Data>Levels

For the sky texture, visit this link and download "blue3.tga."
Data>Textures>Skies

Animaleante

Re: Sumair Custom Map

Post by Animaleante » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:32 am

This sounds really interesting,but for me it says it's missing red_hills_c.tga. :(

AndreDinisCTU

Post by AndreDinisCTU » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:43 am

Download all the sky boxes, install them in your Data/Levels directory and then try to run that map again. http://ogmods.antonriehl.com/downloads/skyboxes/

What these sky boxes do is that OG, this way, automatically creates the sky textures that are missing of all maps which are ran for the first time in the game.

EDIT: Now I remembered. That problem is located in "Data/Textures/Terrain/red_hills/", right?

I'll upload the file for you and then try installing it in the last folder and run the map again.

http://www.2shared.com/file/meMs_jVF/red_hills_c.html
Last edited by AndreDinisCTU on Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:29 am, edited 4 times in total.

Animaleante

Post by Animaleante » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:55 am

It was not a sky texture that was missing,but the color map for the level, I fixed it by using the dds file in the folder.

LaP0573

Post by LaP0573 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:58 am

Great, I still haven't grasped the secrets of the level editor, and I don't even know how to place the enemy spawn and the rabbot spawn... At least I can train fighting thanks to your map :)