Cityscape Custom Map

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Jacktheawesome

Cityscape Custom Map

Post by Jacktheawesome » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:54 pm

Hey Guys! I'm still taking a break from Escape (though I will get back to it, I promise), and I'm proud to announce my second hiatus map:
Cityscape
Screen shot 2011-09-10 at 6.33.00 PM.png
Screen shot 2011-09-10 at 6.33.41 PM.png
Cityscape.xml.zip
(7.19 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
(Data>Levels)
(As always, visit this link to download missing sky texture. Download "esostars2.tga" and place in Data>Textures>Skies (files courtesy of Anton))
This is a style of map I haven't done before. As usual, the centerpiece of this map is a difficult to reach objective, and a Parkour course to access it. However, it's different in that I tried to make this map enjoyable to people who don't have the skills yet to complete a full course. Scattered around the map are places to practice different maneuvers. There's still plenty of open space, you can always add your own as well. So I thought that would be fun.
Regarding the Parkour course itself...
EDIT: Ok, I was messing around with the map, and...it was unplayable. I just made it too hard. So I added checkpoints. How? Every time you land on a green block, go into editor mode and place your spawn cube there. If you fall after that, press L, and you will teleport back to the spawn cube. Now you guys can actually get through it. It's still very hard though!

Have fun :)

AndreDinisCTU

Re: Cityscape Custom Map

Post by AndreDinisCTU » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:55 pm

Too damn hard, man! :P.

I got stuck after 10 minutes... so... I'll try to pass through later... but I wasn't seeing a path, some way to go up.

EDIT: I have managed to play it through, until the end, of course with "checkpoints", but never cheating like skipping a difficult part. If I haven't done with "checkpoints" I would have spent a great amount of time in redoing things that I already have done just to go to the hard sections. I enjoyed very much your map. Took me about an hour, I think. I would like very much to do a playthrough video of this map, if you agree.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:17 am

Of course! That would be cool! I'm glad you made it through, I won't make it any easier :twisted:

AndreDinisCTU

Post by AndreDinisCTU » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:18 pm

Jacktheawesome wrote:Of course! That would be cool! I'm glad you made it through, I won't make it any easier :twisted:
eheheh, I'm glad you didn't make an easy level, it's always good to have some difficulty above what we think we are capable of, or else we don't evolve. I liked your platforms, they were tested and positioned so that they would be in the last limit of grabbing edges. It was very well done in that fact. :P. As I already wrote above, in the beginning I was a little confused of where would you have to go to get to the top. Exploration never hurt anyone... I think...

I'm already uploading the playthrough video on youtube... I'll post it here when it's done.

EDIT: Here it is :P

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:00 pm

:shock: You found so many shortcuts...

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:33 pm

Don't worry, Shortcuts are good. Just try to find and hide them, but not remove them. Without shortcuts it is too linear, like a line.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:48 pm

I was waiting for a screaming leap at the end.

AndreDinisCTU

Post by AndreDinisCTU » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:42 am

adwuga wrote:Without shortcuts it is too linear, like a line.
lol
Count Roland wrote:I was waiting for a screaming leap at the end.
How could I have forgotten that! NO!!!!

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:53 am

That would've been a nice long fall, too :(