About the Choke from Behind... (Suggestion)

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Caeviens

About the Choke from Behind... (Suggestion)

Post by Caeviens » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:01 am

This is gonna sound picky.
But its actually a suggestion.

Having Practitioned a Grappling Form in the past, I just had to point this out.

That kind of Choke takes a fair bit longer to take effect. 15-20 Seconds, usually.
If you want a more Realistic variant; And by Realistic, I mean for the Timeframe; Make him hold him a bit closer, and the arm come around a bit further, so the more Upper Bicep is doing the Choking on the Left as oppose to the area just near the Elbow, and the Right Hand is behind the Head, instead of supporting the Hold (Or more accurately, so the Elbow supports the Hold, whilst the Hand handles the Head). The Right Arm should have its Elbow supporting the Choking Forearm, if that gives a clearer image, as oppose to being bent downward and just sitting there, which would weaken the Choke.

I mean, as it is, its functional, but these small details would delay the effect on a real Person. The Elbow, as it is, is locking the Wrist. But its the Forearm that does that Choke, not just one side. Think of a Nutcracker. The Off Arm needs to 'Crank' the Primary Arm.
Granted, these are Rabbits - But that hasnt changed any other mechanics now...
Details!

Ill say again though. What you have now is a pretty common archetype. It isnt wrong, in every sense. Its just that for the Timeframe, youd need a more Solidly Supported Hold.

Its only a minor tweak, but I think itd be a Nice Alteration :)

Tasemu

Re: About the Choke from Behind... (Suggestion)

Post by Tasemu » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:08 am

Its a minor tweak that would take some time to do. On the other hand its attention to detail that makes a truly great game.

I saw good suggestion but its best left to when they arent making more important updates. ^^

Caeviens

Post by Caeviens » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:48 am

Tasemu wrote:Its a minor tweak that would take some time to do. On the other hand its attention to detail that makes a truly great game.

I saw good suggestion but its best left to when they arent making more important updates. ^^
Yeah. Its worth being pointed out though :)

Its only really a slight readjustment of the Hand and Elbow Positions, but the Left Bicep *might* be slightly trickier, due to the Shoulder needing to be rotated slightly.

Still.

GaGrin

Post by GaGrin » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:49 pm

So to clarify: this is an animation suggestion and not a mechanical one?

Caeviens

Post by Caeviens » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:25 pm

GaGrin wrote:So to clarify: this is an animation suggestion and not a mechanical one?
Yes.

Evill_Bob

Post by Evill_Bob » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:45 am

Then there is the potential ramifications of gameplay. Realism often adds difficulty. Then again trying to knock a dude out while a dozen of his friends wander about thinking "Hey, where's Jeff?" would certainly make things more interesting. Fifteen to twenty seconds is a very long time in terms of gameplay when fights are often decided in the first ten seconds.

nutcracker

Post by nutcracker » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:28 am

Caeviens wrote: Think of a Nutcracker.
Why would you think about me? trolo

Caeviens

Post by Caeviens » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:45 pm

Evill_Bob wrote:Then there is the potential ramifications of gameplay. Realism often adds difficulty. Then again trying to knock a dude out while a dozen of his friends wander about thinking "Hey, where's Jeff?" would certainly make things more interesting. Fifteen to twenty seconds is a very long time in terms of gameplay when fights are often decided in the first ten seconds.
Exactly :) Hence why im suggesting that Realism Wise, the Choke would need to be a touch tighter.