[Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Anton
pretty cool guy

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher

Post by Anton » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:53 am

Janekkubek wrote:Hi, i've just downloaded your awesome SUMLauncher and, as i got a166 on my disk, i didn't need to update main game. But i downloaded Menu Mod, which was quite stressful, because during downloading few files turned out to be "skipped". I hoped, that reason of mentioned is that, my files are up-to-date. Unfortunatelly, there is no snow on the ground on Aubrey's Lugaru Challenge 1 Map :cry: MenuMod installer had skipped 9 files. What should i do to regain them?!
Any files that were skipped means you have a newer version (or the same version) already existing on your computer, and so it's good that it didn't need to update.

As far as Aubrey's Lugaru Challenge 1 goes, there are two different versions of this level, one which is newer has some huts and knife by default, and this is the version in the mod. You could try the older version of the level by typing lugaru_snow.xml into the window and press enter.Perhaps that will be what you are missing.

wolfbrother9393

Post by wolfbrother9393 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:03 am

Could you please add some sort of Splitscreen control in one of the SUMLauncher updates? I'd love to be able to resize the screens, maybe even choose from vertical or horizontal divide.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:06 am

wolfbrother9393 wrote:Could you please add some sort of Splitscreen control in one of the SUMLauncher updates? I'd love to be able to resize the screens, maybe even choose from vertical or horizontal divide.
We would LOVE to add something like that... but it's currently hard coded into the game, so we have no control over that... We'll have to wait for David to update it.

Korb Biakustra

Post by Korb Biakustra » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:45 pm

wolfbrother9393 wrote:Could you please add some sort of Splitscreen control in one of the SUMLauncher updates? I'd love to be able to resize the screens, maybe even choose from vertical or horizontal divide.
I have two monitors and I tried to increase the resolution to something like 3840×1200, but when in split screen mode, each split screen will keep this 32/10 ratio, so it will be 1920×600. So I also tried 3840×2400 resolution and it would do the job… Except that the split screens are at the center of the Overgrowth window. It means that unless I find a way to move the window upward, half of the image will be hidden beneath my monitors. :/

I don't know if I'm clear, but anyway, no good solution for now. :/

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:21 pm

Korb Biakustra wrote:
I have two monitors and I tried to increase the resolution to something like 3840×1200, but when in split screen mode, each split screen will keep this 32/10 ratio, so it will be 1920×600. So I also tried 3840×2400 resolution and it would do the job… Except that the split screens are at the center of the Overgrowth window. It means that unless I find a way to move the window upward, half of the image will be hidden beneath my monitors. :/

I don't know if I'm clear, but anyway, no good solution for now. :/
Yeah, as anton said, that's completely out of our control. That's simply how the game engine currently does it. Please assume that it will -not- be like that in the final version, it just may take a while to david to eventually fix it.

SalamiPizza

Post by SalamiPizza » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:14 pm

is it possible to change the "x" key in the config?
i would like to have it on my controller

last

Post by last » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:49 pm

SalamiPizza wrote:is it possible to change the "x" key in the config?
i would like to have it on my controller
No there are no options for that in config.txt but i think you can edit aschar.as and level.as files to do that.

SalamiPizza

Post by SalamiPizza » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:20 pm

i found the passage in line 530 sadly i dont really know how to address the key to my controller, a simpel "button4" didnt work.
anyway thanks for the support :)

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:24 pm

SalamiPizza wrote:i found the passage in line 530 sadly i dont really know how to address the key to my controller, a simpel "button4" didnt work.
Probably the easiest way to do this is to use a program that let's you remap your controller to keys on the keyboards. It should be pretty easy in pretty much any program like that. (I use Controllermate, which is an OSX application, but I know there are some equivalent PC ones as well...)

SalamiPizza

Post by SalamiPizza » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:27 pm

awesome idea!
should fix this very easy thx!

Dr. Whoop

Post by Dr. Whoop » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:08 pm

My downloads always stop after about 7mb, anyone know why?

7mb every time, for both the game downloads & the mod menu

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:42 pm

Dr. Whoop wrote:My downloads always stop after about 7mb, anyone know why?

Hm, my first guess would be that the program is being blocked by some sort of antivirus program. See if you can unblock it / add an exception for it.

Arctrum

Post by Arctrum » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:52 pm

Samusaaron3 wrote:
Dr. Whoop wrote:My downloads always stop after about 7mb, anyone know why?

Hm, my first guess would be that the program is being blocked by some sort of antivirus program. See if you can unblock it / add an exception for it.

I'm having the same problem, I tried both of those and even disabled my firewall...it still does it

godofbreadsticks

Post by godofbreadsticks » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:53 pm

Hey, sorry if this has been answered somewhere already, but when SUMLauncher tries to update my alpha version, it says it finished downloading, but the version of overgrowth doesn't actually change. So, how can I fix that?

Blackllama79

Post by Blackllama79 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:22 am

Anton wrote:
SalamiPizza wrote:i found the passage in line 530 sadly i dont really know how to address the key to my controller, a simpel "button4" didnt work.
Probably the easiest way to do this is to use a program that let's you remap your controller to keys on the keyboards. It should be pretty easy in pretty much any program like that. (I use Controllermate, which is an OSX application, but I know there are some equivalent PC ones as well...)
I use a program called MotionJoy for my PS3 controller, in case that helps. You can map it to actual computer keystrokes, the mouse axis, and the controller buttons as well.

I use a combination of the Xbox 360 Controller Emulator preset (so that you can play the PS3 controller exactly like OG's configuration for the Xbox 360 controller), and the mouse axis, so I can move the mouse on the menus without having to walk over to my computer.

Just thought that might help, too, for the PC.