[Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
SteelRaven7

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher

Post by SteelRaven7 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:08 pm

Cheshire_Theyain wrote:A thought just occurred to me... If this is written in java, wouldn't it be easy for someone to decompile the .jar file, deobfuscate it then edit it so that the auto-updater doesn't require any sort of key?
Anyone that tech-savvy would probably just download it from piratebay anyway :P.

Cheshire_Theyain

Post by Cheshire_Theyain » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:34 pm

The PB normally doesn't have the latest version :o. The cracked updater would allow the pirates to have the latest version at the cost of the OG team's budget.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:28 pm

Cheshire_Theyain wrote:The PB normally doesn't have the latest version :o. The cracked updater would allow the pirates to have the latest version at the cost of the OG team's budget.
Unfortunately there isn't much I can do about this at the moment. At the very least, the initial download requires the user's SPF key (as it is used to generate the download link), but the updates don't have sever-side protection.

SteelRaven7

Post by SteelRaven7 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:34 am

Cheshire_Theyain wrote:The PB normally doesn't have the latest version :o. The cracked updater would allow the pirates to have the latest version at the cost of the OG team's budget.
While that is true, there are links to the changes from each alpha in the piratebay comments. Yeah.

liluke

Post by liluke » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:41 pm

Aaron wrote:If you have AVG, please check out the "Troubleshooting" section of the first post, there's a good chance it will take care of the issue.
i thank you for your help this worked and now i can play the maps thank you

Cruithne

Post by Cruithne » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:00 am

i'm having an issue.. it downloads the update and but can't actually update it.
"error extracting ZIP file. C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfire\Overgrowth\Data\Animations\r_blockfrontfromground.anm (Access is denied)"
any help would be appreciated greatly! :)

ZeeDubs

Post by ZeeDubs » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:12 am

I've been having an previously mentioned issue "Error: Server Connection Lost" and I'm not using AVG. I've tried disabling my anti-virus - even a clean boot - and the problem still persists. Any ideas?

Edit: I should probably also mention that this only started happening with a176.

Retep

Post by Retep » Tue May 01, 2012 7:29 am

When I try to download the menu mod it keeps giving me a "please verify that you are connected to the internet and that your firewall is not blocking the SUMlauncher" message, how ever sometimes when I press yes (as I'am connected to the internet and I'm using kaspersky which hasnt blocked the download) it will eventually download the file.. How ever it means the download is incredibly laborious and time consuming, having to repeatedly quick yes for one file to download.... When ever I get to a "stealth" eroded plateau file clicking yes doesn't work... It just repeatedly gives me the above message^

EDIT: Upon a campaign of determined YES clicking it finally made its way past this "stealth file"..

EDIT2: Disregard this post.. patience won through in the end.

ZeeDubs

Post by ZeeDubs » Mon May 07, 2012 4:05 am

I can do the same as Retep, but with 60mb in the latest alpha and the fluctuating/slow speeds and pauses it's going to take awhile...

mantarias

Post by mantarias » Mon May 07, 2012 10:07 am

i cant find my key whats that i get when i enter url

Hi there, this is your secret preorder page! In this page, you will be caught up with all things Overgrowth, with instructions on how to get into the secret preorder forum and so on.

Unfortunately, the key you have used does not seem to be in our database. I am very sorry about this inconvenience, please contact us and we will take care of this immediately.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Mon May 07, 2012 12:09 pm

mantarias wrote:i cant find my key whats that i get when i enter url

Hi there, this is your secret preorder page! In this page, you will be caught up with all things Overgrowth, with instructions on how to get into the secret preorder forum and so on.

Unfortunately, the key you have used does not seem to be in our database. I am very sorry about this inconvenience, please contact us and we will take care of this immediately.
Go to http://www.wolfire.com/spf and enter your email address, they will resend you your key :)
ZeeDubs wrote:I can do the same as Retep, but with 60mb in the latest alpha and the fluctuating/slow speeds and pauses it's going to take awhile...
Hm, something must have changed on your system. Are you sure nothing new was installed / no new security measures were put in place?

Retep

Post by Retep » Mon May 07, 2012 12:24 pm

Nothing is blocking the download, as it eventually does download. It is just a ridiculously long and frustrating process to go through.

zelda10001

Post by zelda10001 » Mon May 07, 2012 1:44 pm

Awesome work! Thumbs up !

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Tue May 08, 2012 1:19 am

Retep wrote:Nothing is blocking the download, as it eventually does download. It is just a ridiculously long and frustrating process to go through.
The issue you're describing fits with how other programs have been blocking the SUMLauncher (in that they let a small amount of data go through, then kill its connection).

VH-MAW

Post by VH-MAW » Tue May 08, 2012 5:43 pm

Hey, Anton told me this was the place to ask about proxies and SumLauncher. Says you plan to address the issue in the future, which is fine I'm in no hurry.
My question was viewtopic.php?f=13&t=15298.