[Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
baab32

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher

Post by baab32 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:52 am

Keep getting connexion to server timed out while trying to install menu mod. And now overgrowth crashes while loading a map. May be caused by unfinished MM download tho. Still! cant wait to have those maps loaded!

Is there a way to manualy download the Menu mod files?

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:55 am

baab32 wrote:Keep getting connexion to server timed out while trying to install menu mod. And now overgrowth crashes while loading a map. May be caused by unfinished MM download tho. Still! cant wait to have those maps loaded!

Is there a way to manualy download the Menu mod files?
There isn't, though there is a good chance your problem can be fixed - check out the "Troubleshooting" section of the first post :)

baab32

Post by baab32 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:01 am

Holy crap thanks! AVG does so much evil stuff loll.

Now last question: will downloading all the files fix the loading problem for catcouch textures? everytime i start the game i keep getting the case error crash while loading textures for catcouch. :(

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:18 am

baab32 wrote:Holy crap thanks! AVG does so much evil stuff loll.

Now last question: will downloading all the files fix the loading problem for catcouch textures? everytime i start the game i keep getting the case error crash while loading textures for catcouch. :(
I'm not sure right off hand - things have been a bit glitchy for the last couple alpha builds.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:24 am

baab32 wrote:everytime i start the game i keep getting the case error crash while loading textures for catcouch. :(

Case Errors are a new error, but you can get get past them just by clicking ok. They really shouldn't be a big issue.

baab32

Post by baab32 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:31 am

Anton wrote:
baab32 wrote:everytime i start the game i keep getting the case error crash while loading textures for catcouch. :(

Case Errors are a new error, but you can get get past them just by clicking ok. They really shouldn't be a big issue.
When i press ok i get the same error, then when i press it another time i get this error: could not load image file ''Data/Textures/Environements/cat+props/banner_w.tga.

Then the game crashes.

Weird..

Edit: every map i load has a different error.
Keeps telling me Data/models/environements/furniture/etc should be Data/models/environements/furniture/etc ...am i the only one who gets that?

baab32

Post by baab32 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:01 am

And now overgrowth doesnt work. uninstalled, removed every files regarding overgrowth and SUM, intalled in a new dirrectory...and still cannot load most of the textures and crashes after failing to load banners...Might be an alpha problem, or SUM realy crashed my game loll. Anyway will wait for update or fix.

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:40 am

baab32 wrote:And now overgrowth doesnt work. uninstalled, removed every files regarding overgrowth and SUM, intalled in a new dirrectory...and still cannot load most of the textures and crashes after failing to load banners...Might be an alpha problem, or SUM realy crashed my game loll. Anyway will wait for update or fix.
It's not SUM - the most recent alpha introduced quite a few issues with filenames. You can check this by just installing the game manually.

Some of these issues might actually get fixed by the menu mod in SUM, since it contains quite a few of the correctly named files.

baab32

Post by baab32 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:16 am

Thanks for your help all! it seems i can play some custom maps perfectly and even if i get texture errors they appear fine in game. only trouble is the banner loading that crashes the game but i can live with it.

Can't wait to get it to work anyway!

Thanks again!

ThetaFox

Post by ThetaFox » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:17 pm

baab32 wrote:
Anton wrote:

When i press ok i get the same error, then when i press it another time i get this error: could not load image file ''Data/Textures/Environements/cat+props/banner_w.tga.

Then the game crashes.

Weird..

Keeps telling me Data/models/environements/furniture/etc should be Data/models/environements/furniture/etc ...am i the only one who gets that?
I get the same exact problems, I've been looking for a fix as well.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:13 pm

ThetaFox wrote:
baab32 wrote:When i press ok i get the same error, then when i press it another time i get this error: could not load image file ''Data/Textures/Environements/cat+props/banner_w.tga.

Then the game crashes.

Weird..

I get the same exact problems, I've been looking for a fix as well.

The banner_w.tga file seems to be missing for you. Unzip and copy this file into the location listed, and that should solve the issue for you.
banner_w.tga.zip
(2.1 KiB) Downloaded 39 times

KeyLimeTime

Post by KeyLimeTime » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:57 pm

Can't seem to get Overgrowth to open now. The only 2 files skipped were: Overgrowth\Data\Textures\Terrain\red_hills_c.tga and Overgrowth\Data\Textures\Plants\Trees\temperate\pine_needles_c.tga

It's just kinda stuck at: Creating OS Process

Any help?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:00 pm

KeyLimeTime wrote:Can't seem to get Overgrowth to open now. The only 2 files skipped were: Overgrowth\Data\Textures\Terrain\red_hills_c.tga and Overgrowth\Data\Textures\Plants\Trees\temperate\pine_needles_c.tga

Any help?
David posted a fix for this in the a181 thread.

KeyLimeTime

Post by KeyLimeTime » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:04 pm

Anton wrote:
KeyLimeTime wrote:Can't seem to get Overgrowth to open now. The only 2 files skipped were: Overgrowth\Data\Textures\Terrain\red_hills_c.tga and Overgrowth\Data\Textures\Plants\Trees\temperate\pine_needles_c.tga

Any help?
David posted a fix for this in the a181 thread.
Thanks, but now I'm having the same issue as Advance123 in that thread.

last

Post by last » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:35 am

who ever has a bug after updating with SUM launcher where Overgrowth get's stuck at Creating OS Process then you have to manually install that fix after update is finished
link to fix