[Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Aaron

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 2.0

Post by Aaron » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:47 am

SUMLauncher Alpha 2.0 is now available:

Code: Select all

• Massive code refactor.
• Brand new UI.
• Initial Linux support (currently in testing).
You can grab the new version by running the SUMLauncher and choosing to update when prompted (new users can find downloads in the first post).

oleshikaru

Post by oleshikaru » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:13 am

Game looks great and im totally new to this whole ting. Seems though after I fixed the OS process thing, it fails when it tries to load up a map. Even in the latest update. (hope this is the place to write this. if not then simply remove it )

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:19 am

oleshikaru wrote:Game looks great and im totally new to this whole ting. Seems though after I fixed the OS process thing, it fails when it tries to load up a map. Even in the latest update. (hope this is the place to write this. if not then simply remove it )
Hi there! As you guessed, this is actually not the right place to write this, since this issue is not due to the launcher (you can check this by manually starting the overgrowth executable) but welcome to the community!

The current alpha has caused some issues that are not related to the sumlauncher. You'll want to look at the topic for the current alpha topic, a181: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=15495. Be sure to read through the comments and reply there if you have anything new to add.

In this case it's looking like it might just be best to wait for a182 which should fix many of the issues.

Rhaedas

Post by Rhaedas » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:57 am

Two minor graphic bugs on the Linux SUM Launcher. When I select the Mod or Config tabs and then go back to the main tab, the launch OG button is invisible. I have to mouse over to reveal it. Also, the splash title graphic doesn't seem long enough, it only shows "SUMLaunche".

Added: one more, after updating the mods, the Menu Mod tab displays "Back to Explanation | Cancel". After doing that, going back to the main tab dos the same as above, but also the Mod buttons are there and remain there under the Launch OG button after it is revealed.
Last edited by Rhaedas on Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

akazi

Post by akazi » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:04 am

Wow I love the new UI, looks great nice job. :mrgreen:

Sreiner

Post by Sreiner » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:05 pm

I think this launcher is a nice idea but when I try to open it nothing happens. I have tried to run it as adminstrator but still. Any help??

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:22 pm

Sreiner wrote:I think this launcher is a nice idea but when I try to open it nothing happens. I have tried to run it as adminstrator but still. Any help??
What OS are you using? Do you have Java installed?

Djemps

Post by Djemps » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:26 pm

I think I dun goofed.

I totally wiped out my existing version of Overgrowth from my Mac because I think some files were messed up. I downloaded the most recent OG Aplha (181) and then re-downloaded the SUM Launcher 2.0 file.

Now my problem is that the SUM Launcher is still looking for my old version of OG 171 or something close to there. How I do communicate to the SUM Launcher that it should be looking for Alpha # 181?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:34 pm

Djemps wrote:I think I dun goofed.

I totally wiped out my existing version of Overgrowth from my Mac because I think some files were messed up. I downloaded the most recent OG Aplha (181) and then re-downloaded the SUM Launcher 2.0 file.

Now my problem is that the SUM Launcher is still looking for my old version of OG 171 or something close to there. How I do communicate to the SUM Launcher that it should be looking for Alpha # 181?
Go under "Edit > Preferences" and you can choose from there.

Djemps

Post by Djemps » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:40 pm

Thanks Anton!

Rhaedas

Post by Rhaedas » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:25 pm

Linux version, under Preferences, Overgrowth at the bottom in red is misspelled.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:53 am

Rhaedas wrote:Linux version, under Preferences, Overgrowth at the bottom in red is misspelled.
Hehe thanks, will be fixed in the next build ;) Better to have a misspelling in a String then somewhere else in the code, right? :P

Sreiner

Post by Sreiner » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:41 pm

Aaron wrote:
Sreiner wrote:I think this launcher is a nice idea but when I try to open it nothing happens. I have tried to run it as adminstrator but still. Any help??
What OS are you using? Do you have Java installed?
I have windows 7 and latest java installed

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:11 pm

Sreiner wrote:I have windows 7 and latest java installed
Make sure you are running the SUMLauncher.exe file, and that any antivirus you might have is not blocking it.

Sreiner

Post by Sreiner » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:50 pm

Aaron wrote:
Sreiner wrote:I have windows 7 and latest java installed
Make sure you are running the SUMLauncher.exe file, and that any antivirus you might have is not blocking it.
I closed both my anti-virus and my firewall but still it wont run for some reason.