[Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
GoonyGoomba

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 2.0.1

Post by GoonyGoomba » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:00 pm

I just downloaded the menu mod and now every time i play the game the graphics are a bit screwed up. Shading is off and there are some weird lines in the sky. It makes me unhappy. :(

last

Post by last » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:52 pm

Currently there are no easy solutions for it. I can tell you this that this bug has been reported already.

The problem is that the game generates 3 sky textures for each map unless there are already those 3 generated and they are newer than the original textures (that comes with the Anton's main menu mod) that the game generates those 3 from. I have a laptop with this problem and a PC that don't have this problem. When i let the game generate those 3 sky textures by my PC and then copy them into right folder on my laptop then i don't have that weird sky texture problem anymore.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:40 am

SUMLauncher 2.1.0 Alpha is now available:

Code: Select all

• Added Twitter integration (as a news feed).
• Added additional check to ensure Overgrowth executable exists on launch.
You can grab the new version by running the SUMLauncher and choosing to update when prompted (new users can find downloads in the first post).

Rhaedas

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 2.1.0

Post by Rhaedas » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:51 am

Linux version updates fine this time around.

Two minor issues - still, for some reason the Overgrowth Launch button isn't showing until I mouse over it, then stays on, unless I switch to another tab and back. Added: It maps okay when the new alpha is available, just not by itself. And the links tab, neither local or data opens correctly for me. They have the correct path, just don't work.

And Wirehack's error, Last's file for Old Monastery downloaded okay for me.
Last edited by Rhaedas on Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

wirehack7

Post by wirehack7 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:00 am

After updating Overgrowth and the Launcher I get this error while updating the Menu Mod:
Error loading content length

Last updated file:
Updating: Overgrowth\Data\Custom\Last\Textures\Old_monastery\Old_monastery_height.png.cache

Then it says I have no internet connection o.O
Maybe 404 on this file?

GoonyGoomba

Post by GoonyGoomba » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:06 pm

Ok so because of that graphics problem after downloading the menu mod i uninstalled overgrowth and removed the SUMlauncher and reinstalled the game to get it back to the original way, but it still has the same glitchy shadows and sky even without the SUMlauncher. Is there any way to just get the game back to the original version?

last

Post by last » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:26 am

yes there is, you have to delete files from C:\Users\usernamegoeshere\Documents\Wolfire\Overgrowth
folder to.
But i don't understand why people can't deal with this problem with sky textures?

GoonyGoomba

Post by GoonyGoomba » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:53 am

Thanks man. It's just annoying. I have OCD when it comes to graphics so any glitch takes away from the overall experience of the game.

purple_pixie

Post by purple_pixie » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:30 am

GoonyGoomba wrote:Thanks man. It's just annoying. I have OCD when it comes to graphics so any glitch takes away from the overall experience of the game.
Lucky this thing isn't in alpha then, or there'd be glitches all over the shop :D

GoonyGoomba

Post by GoonyGoomba » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:50 am

haha very funny :P

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:04 am

SUMLauncher 2.1.1 Alpha is now available:

Code: Select all

• Fancied up tweet timestamps.
• Added support for new Overgrowth config items.
• Added 'Revert' button to Overgrowth config editor, renamed existing 'Revert' button to 'Revert to Defaults'.
• Added native OSX menus (Preferences / About).
• Added CMD-S / CTRL-S keyboard shortcuts for saving Overgrowth config.
• Full screen resolutions now appear in a sorted order.
• Fixed SUMLauncher splash screen appearance issues on some Linux systems.
• Fixed potential crash points.
You can grab the new version by running the SUMLauncher and choosing to update when prompted (new users can find downloads in the first post).

Janekkubek

Post by Janekkubek » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:49 am

Anton wrote:
Janekkubek wrote:I have not stable internet conenction. Sometimes i got pluged off for a few milisecs, then have connection for one minute and a blackout again. Due to it, MainMenuMod stops downloading each time and i have to sit in front of PC and keep clicking "Retry". It is annoying, really. Couldn't you give us an option to make your launcher "click" retry button automatically?

We have had a huge influx of people over the past 2-3 days (due to Nerd³'s video hitting on Reddit, and Receiver being released) so it is possible that my server isn't keeping up with all the new traffic. :(
If that keeps being an issue, I'll have to look into hosting the OG stuff somewhere else, but I think in a couple days that should die down a bit, and then the server will not be so overloaded... I'm hoping that's the case...
Anton, i was talking not about recent past, but continous, constant issue. It is not about your hosting, i have this problem in all ways of downloading. Is it against your will or SUMLauncher idea to give us an option to check "autoretry after 2 seconds" option? Updating MainMenuMod is pain in the ass for people with shitty connection.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:28 am

Janekkubek wrote:Anton, i was talking not about recent past, but continous, constant issue. It is not about your hosting, i have this problem in all ways of downloading. Is it against your will or SUMLauncher idea to give us an option to check "autoretry after 2 seconds" option? Updating MainMenuMod is pain in the ass for people with shitty connection.
It sounds like it would be useful for people with this issue. We have never really talked about it, but it would be up to Aaron to add it. I'd be fine either way. I think the issue will still be people that let it retry without getting it to work to begin with. Such as people with AVG that can't download it because of software in their system. It would need to be an "opt-in" setting... I'll see what Aaron says.

Grananas

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 2.1.1

Post by Grananas » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:42 pm

Yea, an auto retry would be nice....

my updates never go fully by themselves.

Johannes

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 2.1.1

Post by Johannes » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:27 pm

For anyone that consistently has this issue, it would be helpful if you contacted us (specifically Aaron) on the IRC. If you have some free time I think we could work with you to figure out what is causing the issue. As Anton said, it's very likely that some program is interfering with the launcher.