[Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Aaron

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 2.1.5

Post by Aaron » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:29 pm

I wouldn't expect any issues from a partial install, since the main menu file is one of the last to be downloaded (and most everything else is extra content, not replaced content). As Anton said, it finishes the file it is on, so no files should become corrupted if you kill it early.

chrislocho

Post by chrislocho » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:56 am

Hey, Im running on Mac OS Lion, and when I follow the link to download the sum launcher. When I try to open the downloaded file it says the file is damaged, and only lets me close it or trash it.
Help ?
Many thanks

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:28 am

Hey, I've just updated the troubleshooting section of the first post, the fix you're looking for is in there :)

chrislocho

Post by chrislocho » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:32 am

Thanks a bunch!! :)

suskeyhose

Post by suskeyhose » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:35 am

Hey, i'm using windows7 but needed to use the linux jar (because my computer just doesn't let .exe files connect to the internet), and thus i cannot run as admin, so that means i cant install the main menu mod, because it doesn't have permission to open or edit anything. does someone have a fix?

EDIT: NVM... I just installed it in my Documents folder, and it works fine now. :D

Toby

Post by Toby » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:35 am

Downloading the menu mod will take a day at this rate, or so it seems. Wish I could download it directly from some server instead of this SUMLauncher thing. Because this is far from the most efficient way of downloading the mod. Why not use Moddb?

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:48 am

Toby wrote:Downloading the menu mod will take a day at this rate, or so it seems. Wish I could download it directly from some server instead of this SUMLauncher thing. Because this is far from the most efficient way of downloading the mod. Why not use Moddb?
Because the mod incrementally updates itself and so checks what you have already and what not. It's not an ideal system but it works and is better in the long run since you don't have to re-download the whole thing when stuff is changed or added. An entirely new system is in the works, which will allow you to choose what mods you want to instal, so we won't be going back and changing this again until that's done. Sorry for the long wait - just leave it running over night.

atomtengeralattjaro

Post by atomtengeralattjaro » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:25 pm

guise.. i'm totally new here, and i'm not even sure i need this launcher thingy, but the link to the windows download in the first post takes me to a page Firefox warns me against with a giant red sign in my face, claiming it's a reported attacker site. why is that?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:19 pm

atomtengeralattjaro wrote:guise.. i'm totally new here, and i'm not even sure i need this launcher thingy, but the link to the windows download in the first post takes me to a page Firefox warns me against with a giant red sign in my face, claiming it's a reported attacker site. why is that?
Sorry, my site was defaced recently, and I have removed the changes, but I haven't notified google yet. I should get it back up and working soon. Sorry for that.

Agentweasel

Post by Agentweasel » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:15 pm

So... the Linux version is still in testing. I take it we can use it, but that it may not work as well?

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:12 am

It seems to be working well for most people - please let me know if you have any issues with it :)

atomtengeralattjaro

Post by atomtengeralattjaro » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:19 am

Anton wrote:Sorry, my site was defaced recently, and I have removed the changes, but I haven't notified google yet. I should get it back up and working soon. Sorry for that.
ah okay, so it's all cool then. Just wanted to make sure, thanks.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:23 am

atomtengeralattjaro wrote:
Anton wrote:Sorry, my site was defaced recently, and I have removed the changes, but I haven't notified google yet. I should get it back up and working soon. Sorry for that.
ah okay, so it's all cool then. Just wanted to make sure, thanks.
Yeah, sorry about the problem, it definitely freaked me out. I have now requested Google to update my status, and they have lifted that warning. I think we should be back in business.

0mN1

Post by 0mN1 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:08 pm

chrislocho wrote:Hey, Im running on Mac OS Lion, and when I follow the link to download the sum launcher. When I try to open the downloaded file it says the file is damaged, and only lets me close it or trash it.
Help ?
Many thanks
I have the same problem.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:19 pm

0mN1 wrote:
chrislocho wrote:Hey, Im running on Mac OS Lion, and when I follow the link to download the sum launcher. When I try to open the downloaded file it says the file is damaged, and only lets me close it or trash it.
Help ?
Many thanks
I have the same problem.
There are directions how to bypass this issue in the first thread. Look for the section called Troubleshooting.