[Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Daleythompson

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 2.1.7

Post by Daleythompson » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:00 pm

akazi wrote:
Daleythompson wrote:PLEASE HELP! I have a mac, and your instructions say to use the last eight characters of my alpha key. Yet, when i look at my key, i have ten characters in that last section. Im not sure what to do, and authentication rejects me when i use the last ten. Any thoughts?
If you preordered after the Humble Store integration, make sure to follow the second set of directions (listed under "If you preordered after the Humble Store integration, you will find your key in your Humble Bundle Game Library:", under the Authentication section of the first post).
[/quote]

Okay, so i heard that to fix problems with the authentication, i have to delete my old "sum.jar" file from when i last downloaded SUMlauncher. If im on a Mac running Mountain Lion, where do I find that file?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:08 pm

Daleythompson wrote:
akazi wrote:
Daleythompson wrote:PLEASE HELP! I have a mac, and your instructions say to use the last eight characters of my alpha key. Yet, when i look at my key, i have ten characters in that last section. Im not sure what to do, and authentication rejects me when i use the last ten. Any thoughts?
If you preordered after the Humble Store integration, make sure to follow the second set of directions (listed under "If you preordered after the Humble Store integration, you will find your key in your Humble Bundle Game Library:", under the Authentication section of the first post).
Okay, so i heard that to fix problems with the authentication, i have to delete my old "sum.jar" file from when i last downloaded SUMlauncher. If im on a Mac running Mountain Lion, where do I find that file?
I'm not sure that deleting the sum.jar file will fix this problem for you, but to find it, go into the Finder, select the "Go" menu, and press the Opt button and "Library" will appear in that list. Select "Library" then open Application Support/Overgrowth/SUM OG Utilities and the sum.jar file will be there.

Daleythompson

Post by Daleythompson » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:12 pm

Fixed it! SUMLauncher works fine now. Thanks!

Le Petit Docteur

Post by Le Petit Docteur » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:18 am

i have problems with my sumlauncher, first it couldn't link to the internet, even tough it says there's new alphas and everything, but it wouldn't get connected. now it doesn't start at all, just freezes in the "initializing" window...

Warior135

Post by Warior135 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:59 am

Too bad this uses Java, If it didnt, I would download it.

Dr. Derptinton

Post by Dr. Derptinton » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:43 pm

Hey, Can you please help me?

I currently re-installed overgrowth a couple of times now, and when I try to launch SUM Launcher, it justs says "Can't get input stream from URL!" I don't know what happened, or what is happening. But if you can help me that would be amazing!

-Thanks

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:51 pm

Dr. Derptinton wrote:Hey, Can you please help me?

I currently re-installed overgrowth a couple of times now, and when I try to launch SUM Launcher, it justs says "Can't get input stream from URL!" I don't know what happened, or what is happening. But if you can help me that would be amazing!

-Thanks
I received an email from my hosting company that they will be performing updates to my server this weekend. It's possible that things will slow down a little bit during that time. Hopefully this doesn't last long, and you should try again in maybe an hour?

Dr. Derptinton

Post by Dr. Derptinton » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:28 pm

Anton wrote:

-Thanks
I received an email from my hosting company that they will be performing updates to my server this weekend. It's possible that things will slow down a little bit during that time. Hopefully this doesn't last long, and you should try again in maybe an hour?
What if that doesn't work?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:39 pm

Dr. Derptinton wrote:
Anton wrote:

-Thanks
You should double check the troubleshooting section in the first post in this thread, and then let us know if it doesn't get better. Aaron will take a look at it too, and hopefully let you know.

Dr. Derptinton

You should double check the troubleshooting section in the f

Post by Dr. Derptinton » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:19 pm

[/quote]I currently re-installed overgrowth a couple of times now, and when I try to launch SUM Launcher, it justs says "Can't get input stream from URL!" I don't know what happened, or what is happening. But if you can help me that would be amazing!
You should double check the troubleshooting section in the first post in this thread, and then let us know if it doesn't get better. Aaron will take a look at it too, and hopefully let you know.
Sadly, nothing is working at the moment..

ShnitzelKiller

Post by ShnitzelKiller » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:32 pm

Is it normal that many of the custom maps installed via the menu mod do not load, and that all hotspots in the ones that do just say "display text"?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:34 pm

ShnitzelKiller wrote:Is it normal that many of the custom maps installed via the menu mod do not load, and that all hotspots in the ones that do just say "display text"?
Probably so. All the maps need to be updated with new xml tags to be compatible with a197. We'll probably be addressing that soon.

wfsw32

Post by wfsw32 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:43 pm

Wow... It's been forever since I've been to the forum.

But does the SUMLauncher have characters like the Bat or Bird or do we have to download those separately?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:09 pm

wfsw32 wrote:Wow... It's been forever since I've been to the forum.

But does the SUMLauncher have characters like the Bat or Bird or do we have to download those separately?
The menu mod does not have those yet, but they will sometime in the near future. When we release the next big update, they are on my list of things to add right away.

wfsw32

Post by wfsw32 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:47 am

Anton wrote:
wfsw32 wrote:Wow... It's been forever since I've been to the forum.

The menu mod does not have those yet, but they will sometime in the near future. When we release the next big update, they are on my list of things to add right away.
Awesome. Thanks for the speedy reply.