[Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
MaXMC

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.0

Post by MaXMC » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:59 am

I'd very much like a "Pause" for the download, preferably for each thing in the queue.
Also an ETA of the file so I know how long I'll be waiting.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:25 am

I'm awaiting for this feature to be implemented.

akazi

Post by akazi » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:05 am

Timbles wrote:Image
I'm awaiting for this feature to be implemented.
Took me a while but.. I see what you did there.

Stuntddude

Post by Stuntddude » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:34 am

I concur. As much as people (myself included) complained about the old menu mod procedure, I would really appreciate a "DO IT ALL" button.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:07 am

Stuntddude wrote:I concur. As much as people (myself included) complained about the old menu mod procedure, I would really appreciate a "DO IT ALL" button.
We definitely understand your desire for that kind of button, and we are looking at ways to make that happen. One major issue with an "install" everything button will come when we start including script mods, since you can not have multiple ones installed at the same time. We have to change some things anyway to make that work, but we'll see what we can do.
Another issue is that we currently don't have a way to tell if a dependency download fails. So, if you have something queued that requires another mod, and that download fails, you might end up with a map that doesn't work. For now, the only way we can allow a file to start downloading is to guarantee that the dependencies are all properly installed.

But, to help th installation process go faster, it's important to know that we built in some shortcuts.
1. Double clicking automatically installs an item, so, if you out your mouse near the top of the list, and start double clicking, things will be added to your queue quickly.
2. Everything can be controlled with the keyboard (by my request), so you can arrow up and down, and press "return" to install. Using that method, you can also queue up a lot of items at once as well.

We definitely want to make this the most user friendly project we can, so we'll work to figure out a way improve this.

Thanks for the feedback!

akazi

Post by akazi » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:28 pm

Has no one else noticed this little easter egg when opening the download queue window while downloading something: Image It says different things when the download finishes! :lol:

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:40 pm

akazi wrote:Has no one else noticed this little easter egg when opening the download queue window while downloading something: Image It says different things when the download finishes! :lol:
Good, I was worried that there might be no easter eggs.

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:41 pm

Timbles wrote:
akazi wrote:Has no one else noticed this little easter egg when opening the download queue window while downloading something: Image It says different things when the download finishes! :lol:
Good, I was worried that there might be no easter eggs.
There's a few :)

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:36 pm

how do you add a new map to main menu on your own, meaning without sumluancher team adding it to mod menu first.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:06 pm

samjb1992 wrote:how do you add a new map to main menu on your own, meaning without sumluancher team adding it to mod menu first.
Unfortunately, SUMLauncher makes this difficult at the moment, as we actually override the main menu. I'm hoping that as we start building our in game interface, this problem will go away.

Calypso

Post by Calypso » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:59 pm

SUMlauncher unable to connect to sum server any ideas for this error?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:13 pm

Calypso wrote:SUMlauncher unable to connect to sum server any ideas for this error?
Either my server is not responding, or you have a firewall blocking it. On this first page of this thread there is a troubleshooting section that will tell you how to check the firewall issue.

jaggerlink

Post by jaggerlink » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:26 am

Yes! Someone did find it! :)

jcpresto

Post by jcpresto » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:59 pm

I DOWLOADED SUM LAUNCHER AND I CANT SEEM TO FIND A MOD SECTION PLEASE HELP

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:09 pm

jcpresto wrote:I DOWLOADED SUM LAUNCHER AND I CANT SEEM TO FIND A MOD SECTION PLEASE HELP
The menu mod has been replaced by the community content browser. Check out this video on how to use it.