[Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Faz

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.0

Post by Faz » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:09 pm

Hey guys i get this ERROR with the SUM Launcher on Mac.

Video mode set failed: Error setting OpenGL fullscreen: invalid fullscreen drawable
Attempting reduced depth.

I'm trying to make it full screen at 1440x900, which is my screen res.
Any thoughts?

akazi

Post by akazi » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:52 pm

Faz wrote:Hey guys i get this ERROR with the SUM Launcher on Mac.

Video mode set failed: Error setting OpenGL fullscreen: invalid fullscreen drawable
Attempting reduced depth.

I'm trying to make it full screen at 1440x900, which is my screen res.
Any thoughts?
I'm pretty sure fullscreen mode is bugged for MAC with Overgrowth at the moment. Sorry. :'c

Neondangel

Post by Neondangel » Wed May 08, 2013 7:41 pm

I just downloaded this and I have been given this error message once files are halfway completed
I have redownloaded the files and the launcher several times with no change

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed May 08, 2013 9:07 pm

Neondangel wrote:I just downloaded this and I have been given this error message once files are halfway completed
it's possible my server was acting up at the moment, and just didn't finish downloading. How far into the download did this happen?

rope

Post by rope » Thu May 09, 2013 3:02 pm

I'm getting the following message when I try to download (win version)
No cached version is available
What's wrong?
The most likely causes:
The server is down for maintenance
There may be a network problem
The site may be experiencing excessive load
I'm not sure how Cloudfare works. Maybe this is just temporary?
Is there an alternate download site or a torrent available?

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Thu May 09, 2013 3:31 pm

rope wrote:I'm getting the following message when I try to download (win version)
No cached version is available
What's wrong?
The most likely causes:
The server is down for maintenance
There may be a network problem
The site may be experiencing excessive load
I'm not sure how Cloudfare works. Maybe this is just temporary?
Is there an alternate download site or a torrent available?
Seems to be back up for me.

As far as I understand, with how the SUMLauncher is structured right now, adding a mirror would not help.

Basically what you download from the forum link is just a temporary launcher, that does not include the java executable file of the SUMLauncher. When you first run the temporary launcher, it downloads the latest java executable from the server, which is then run every time you open the launcher.

If we gave you a mirror for the temporary launcher, and you ran it for the first time while the server is down, it would not be able to download the latest executable anyways.

The only way around this would be to also host the executables on mirrors, which the launcher checks in case it cannot access the default sever. This would be difficult because of extra hosting costs, we'd have to force people to re-download the launcher (to make it look for the mirrors), and basically just be a good bit of work for a very rare case, which generally is fixed quickly.

Theoretically the server should be able to handle the load/bandwidth it needs right now. If this ever stops being the case, and outages become more frequent, we'll try to look into alternatives.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Thu May 09, 2013 3:46 pm

Cloudflare is a CDN mirror system, and has reduced downtime dramatically, but as Johannes said, the server should be back shortly. (In fact, my server says it should be up already). So, the way it works is that, when you connect, you have to connect directly to my server, to make sure the files are up to date, but then when you choose to download files, it should automatically grab it from the server nearest you.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Sat May 11, 2013 7:35 pm

Just saying, I re-installed Overgrowth just because of the overwhelming amount of updates. I haven't been on Overgrowth for a while now (as in two-three weeks), and so then 75% of the things you can download on SUMLauncher needed to be updated.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sat May 11, 2013 7:37 pm

Timbles wrote:Just saying, I re-installed Overgrowth just because of the overwhelming amount of updates. I haven't been on Overgrowth for a while now (as in two-three weeks), and so then 75% of the things you can download on SUMLauncher needed to be updated.
Yeah, that phase of updates should be over now. I had to do the same thing on my Windows build. From now on, "updates" should happen only if the game forces it, or if someone actually updates their map/mod.

Retarded Username

Post by Retarded Username » Mon May 13, 2013 6:45 pm

Anton wrote:
Neondangel wrote:I just downloaded this and I have been given this error message once files are halfway completed
it's possible my server was acting up at the moment, and just didn't finish downloading. How far into the download did this happen?
This happens to me as well, the download finishes and then that message pops up. Any idea of why does that happen? I've only downloaded... Well, your files. I haven't tested if any other content does the same.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Tue May 14, 2013 12:26 pm

That means that the file did not download properly - I apologize for the confusing error messages, I'm hoping to implement hash checking soon.

Retarded Username

Post by Retarded Username » Tue May 14, 2013 3:48 pm

Thanks for replying, yeah sounds like they get corrupted. Should I then try over and over to download? Or just give up on the files?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Tue May 14, 2013 3:53 pm

Retarded Username wrote:Thanks for replying, yeah sounds like they get corrupted. Should I then try over and over to download? Or just give up on the files?
It's probably worth trying again. If you find that it keeps failing, there may some other issue. (I think there's a way to delete SUM cache files.) If you keep having errors with specific files, please let me know.

Retarded Username

Post by Retarded Username » Sun May 19, 2013 11:14 am

Anton wrote: It's probably worth trying again. If you find that it keeps failing, there may some other issue. (I think there's a way to delete SUM cache files.) If you keep having errors with specific files, please let me know.
I've tried several times to download "Fixes" and "Skyboxes", 4 each to be precise, and the same error appeared everytime. Sometimes when it finished, sometimes when it was halfway through. I really want to download those as more than half of the content in the launcher is dependent of those files.

last

Post by last » Sun May 19, 2013 11:46 am

Maybe you don't have enough free disc space that those fixes need.