[Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
krewneck

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

Post by krewneck » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:38 am

After I updated SUMLauncher to the latest version (including Overgrowth 2.0.7) it broke. When I try to launch Overgrowth SUMLauncher just closes, no error messages or anything, no Overgrowth starting either. Wat?

Minun

Post by Minun » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:16 pm

Awesome

krewneck

Post by krewneck » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:21 pm

Buuuump :!:

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:39 pm

krewneck wrote:After I updated SUMLauncher to the latest version (including Overgrowth 2.0.7) it broke. When I try to launch Overgrowth SUMLauncher just closes, no error messages or anything, no Overgrowth starting either. Wat?
This is a known issue. Because Wolfire changed the folder structure, SUMLauncher currently can not handle updating it. You will need to reinstall.

Meowz

Post by Meowz » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:02 am

Yeah. My SUMlauncher says that i can get onto it, but it doesn't let me download anything from the communtiy area. It says: ' Have you got your internet or is your firewall blocking us?'

Also i can't run Overgrowth. I just downloaded it but it won't let me play it. Anything you can do?

erikylab

Post by erikylab » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:12 pm

I cant seem to connect to the authentication server

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:36 pm

erikylab wrote:I cant seem to connect to the authentication server
Read the troubleshooting section in the first post.

Mysterious_Anon

Post by Mysterious_Anon » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:20 pm

After downloading overgrowth through steam I downloaded the SUM launcher, It asks me to authenticate using my secret pre order forum key. When I put in my secret pre order forum key it says "error invalid key" yet it is the same code I used to sign into the secret pre order forum... what gives?

P.S have tried multiple times, with and with out the - my code has no spaces and have tried with caps and no caps.

code structure is *****-*****-*****

BobSnyder

Post by BobSnyder » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:10 pm

Mysterious_Anon wrote:After downloading overgrowth through steam I downloaded the SUM launcher, It asks me to authenticate using my secret pre order forum key. When I put in my secret pre order forum key it says "error invalid key" yet it is the same code I used to sign into the secret pre order forum... what gives?

P.S have tried multiple times, with and with out the - my code has no spaces and have tried with caps and no caps.

You may need to use the CD key that Steam gives you. You can access this by right clicking overgrowth in the left list in your library. When you click it, it says "view CD Key" and when you click that it shows you the code. I believe its a different code than the SPF key. Sorry if it's hard to understand I'm having trouble remembering how I did it.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:38 pm

BobSnyder wrote:
Mysterious_Anon wrote:After downloading overgrowth through steam I downloaded the SUM launcher, It asks me to authenticate using my secret pre order forum key. When I put in my secret pre order forum key it says "error invalid key" yet it is the same code I used to sign into the secret pre order forum... what gives?

You may need to use the CD key that Steam gives you. You can access this by right clicking overgrowth in the left list in your library. When you click it, it says "view CD Key" and when you click that it shows you the code. I believe its a different code than the SPF key. Sorry if it's hard to understand I'm having trouble remembering how I did it.
I'm pretty sure that the Steam CD Key and SUMLauncher have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:48 pm

You definitely DO NOT want to use the Steam "CD Key" as it will not authenticate with SUMLauncher. You need to be sure to use the SPF key which is found on your Humble Bundle page for Overgrowth. If you want to PM me, I can help check that you are using the correct authentication key, or check with [email protected] that the key you are using is valid. (Since I'm just some stranger on the forums... ;) )

Ninjaplayer

Post by Ninjaplayer » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:15 pm

Does this have every mod from the spf? :?

Ninjaplayer

Post by Ninjaplayer » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:22 pm

I need a little help with the mac installation, i try to open it while its in applications and it still says "It is not openable.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:53 pm

Ninjaplayer wrote:Does this have every mod from the spf? :?
No, unfortunately, I have not had enough time to update things lately. Hopefully I'll have time to add some more maps to it soon™.
Ninjaplayer wrote:I need a little help with the mac installation, i try to open it while its in applications and it still says "It is not openable.
Please check the troubleshooting section for Mac users on the first page.

Ninjaplayer

Post by Ninjaplayer » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:09 pm

Doesen't work with mac! :(