[Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
TheRabbidPixel

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

Post by TheRabbidPixel » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:14 pm

codi2325 wrote:Hey when i download the SUM laucnher it says its a itunes file and will only open itunes when i try to download it...help?
Just simply change it's extension in the properties menu to a .exe

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:58 am

TheRabbidPixel wrote:Just simply change it's extension in the properties menu to a .exe
Don't do that, unless you're on a Windows machine... and if you are on one, it should already have that extension if you downloaded the correct file.
codi2325 wrote:Hey when i download the SUM laucnher it says its a itunes file and will only open itunes when i try to download it...help?
Can you let me know what OS you are using, and what extension the file has that you downloaded? If you are running a Mac, it is possible that Java is not installed on your computer, which is what SUMLauncher runs in. You can change which application the file opens in by getting info (cmd-i) and changing the "Open With" section, although, it should not need another application at all.

TheRabbidPixel

Post by TheRabbidPixel » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:44 am

Anton wrote:
TheRabbidPixel wrote:Just simply change it's extension in the properties menu to a .exe
Don't do that, unless you're on a Windows machine... and if you are on one, it should already have that extension if you downloaded the correct file.
Last edited by TheRabbidPixel on Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:59 pm

TheRabbidPixel wrote:
[+] Lame Trolling image
This is a cross platform development team, please keep your trolling outside of these forums.

P.S. I'm a mod, and can delete these posts... And flame wars are against the forum rules...

TheRabbidPixel

Post by TheRabbidPixel » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:51 pm

It was just a joke Anton, don't take it too seriously

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:01 pm

TheRabbidPixel wrote:It was just a joke Anton, don't take it too seriously
I'm ok with jokes, but flame bait is annoying and inappropriate... This thread is already long enough that people have a hard time finding the information they are looking for, and I'd prefer to keep it on topic.

TheRabbidPixel

Post by TheRabbidPixel » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:05 pm

Anton wrote:
I'm ok with jokes, but flame bait is annoying and inappropriate... This thread is already long enough that people have a hard time finding the information they are looking for, and I'd prefer to keep it on topic.
You could always get someone to go through the topic and form kind of an answered questions in the main post, hell I could maybe do it when I get some free time on the weekend.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:06 pm

TheRabbidPixel wrote:
Anton wrote:
You could always get someone to go through the topic and form kind of an answered questions in the main post, hell I could maybe do it when I get some free time on the weekend.

Hehe, that is true (and I try to keep the first post up to date anyway...) but the truth is people don't read anyway... So, I'm probably complaining about nothing... ;)

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:16 am

I read and my iphone flipped out of my hand and started walking to you triugh walls trough water..... Luckily i got it in time :)

codi2325

Post by codi2325 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:36 pm

Anton wrote:
Can you let me know what OS you are using, and what extension the file has that you downloaded? If you are running a Mac, it is possible that Java is not installed on your computer, which is what SUMLauncher runs in. You can change which application the file opens in by getting info (cmd-i) and changing the "Open With" section, although, it should not need another application at all.
I Changed the "Open With" to a file and it worked, not sure why it was trying to open in the itunes launcher...either way thanks for the help!

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:19 pm

TheRabbidPixel wrote:
Anton wrote:
[+] blah
Just because this bothers me a bit too much to ignore it:
Personal Computers that do not happen to run Windows are part of the master race.
And besides, it's not about the hardware in your rig. It's about the software in your heart.

sixsupersonic

Post by sixsupersonic » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:31 pm

Hi I'm running on Ubuntu and have the Steam version of Overgrowth and every time I run SUMLauncher it says it can't find Overgrowth.

EDIT: So it works when I locate Overgrowth when SUMLauncher asks me to, but I have to do this every time.
Last edited by sixsupersonic on Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BobSnyder

Post by BobSnyder » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:37 pm

Okay, I've been using SUMlauncher for about a year now on an iMac. I just got a PC though, and I'm trying to set it up. When I paste my forum key when it asks for 'Authentication Code', a window pops up that says "could not connect to authentication server www.wolfire.com". I don't remember this happening on the mac. Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:21 am

BobSnyder wrote:Okay, I've been using SUMlauncher for about a year now on an iMac. I just got a PC though, and I'm trying to set it up. When I paste my forum key when it asks for 'Authentication Code', a window pops up that says "could not connect to authentication server http://www.wolfire.com". I don't remember this happening on the mac. Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?
Sounds like some overzealous antivirus software to me.

EDIT: Or what Anton said. Just assumed this wouldn't happen to someone who has used the program before.
Last edited by EPR89 on Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:53 am

BobSnyder wrote:Okay, I've been using SUMlauncher for about a year now on an iMac. I just got a PC though, and I'm trying to set it up. When I paste my forum key when it asks for 'Authentication Code', a window pops up that says "could not connect to authentication server http://www.wolfire.com". I don't remember this happening on the mac. Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

Make sure you are using your Forum key from the Humble Bundle page, and not your Steam "CD Code".