[Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Johannes

Re: SUM Overgrowth Utilities

Post by Johannes » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:13 pm

TrayeZ wrote:Error reading game version file. Woot?
That might happen if you don't have the launcher in the correct directory. Make sure that it's in the same folder as the application/executable.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:15 pm

TrayeZ wrote:Error reading game version file. Woot?
This means the program either did not find the file (which should be at Overgrowth/Data/version.xml) or there was some sort of invalid formatting in the file. Please make sure you are running the program from the Overgrowth installation directory. If you can't get it to work, go ahead a shoot me an email (provided in the first post) and I'll see what I can do :)

slime

Post by slime » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:29 pm

This is awesome, great work guys. I look forward to the other parts of the project. :D

EDIT: oh shit, first post. You should be honoured that my first post is congratulating you. :P

Saedz

Post by Saedz » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:06 pm

After long(2hours) tinkering with creators i finaly got it working, now i really hope it stays like that.
now we only need to wait for Psi's website

Svenare

Post by Svenare » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:03 pm

Jave Virtual Machine Launcher
Unable to access jarfile E:\Non

overgrowth is located in E:\Non Steam\Overgrowth
could it be because of the space in the directory?

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:34 pm

Svenare wrote:Jave Virtual Machine Launcher
Unable to access jarfile E:\Non

overgrowth is located in E:\Non Steam\Overgrowth
could it be because of the space in the directory?
It is. I'll see if there's anything but I can do, but it's tricky, as I don't have direct control of the exact string being sent as a command to elevate the program (so adding quotes is unfortunately useless).

Fidchell

Post by Fidchell » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:42 am

Good luck with this, guys. Very useful. Thanks a bunch!

ZramuliZ

Post by ZramuliZ » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:09 am

The "Edit Config" button does not work for me. It does nothing when I click it.

EDIT: Could be that my documents folder is called "My Documents" instead of "Documents", though I don't get the "Error, config file not found." message box.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:32 am

ZramuliZ wrote:The "Edit Config" button does not work for me. It does nothing when I click it.

EDIT: Could be that my documents folder is called "My Documents" instead of "Documents", though I don't get the "Error, config file not found." message box.
Thank you for bringing my attention to this, I didn't even consider localized / different versions of the My Documents folder on Windows - this issue will be fixed by the next release (which should be available soon). When the new version is available, the program will notify you and ask if you would like to update.

ZramuliZ

Post by ZramuliZ » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:41 am

Cool. Also if it's not too much trouble I'd really appreciate if there would be an option to launch overgrowth without the launcher interface if there is no update available. Also it seems that Overgrowth can communicate with the SUMLauncher, you could make an ingame options menu where you can edit the config.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:01 am

ZramuliZ wrote:Cool. Also if it's not too much trouble I'd really appreciate if there would be an option to launch overgrowth without the launcher interface if there is no update available. Also it seems that Overgrowth can communicate with the SUMLauncher, you could make an ingame options menu where you can edit the config.
The only problem with the in-game config editor is that the changes wouldn't take effect until you restarted the game (which is why it is more convenient to just set them before launching).

As for the setting, it sounds like a great idea, except for the problem of setting the option back (if the Launcher doesn't appear, there's nowhere to change the setting!). Once the in-game scripts are done, it would definitely be a possibility though.

Svenare

Post by Svenare » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:11 am

Samusaaron3 wrote:
ZramuliZ wrote:Cool. Also if it's not too much trouble I'd really appreciate if there would be an option to launch overgrowth without the launcher interface if there is no update available. Also it seems that Overgrowth can communicate with the SUMLauncher, you could make an ingame options menu where you can edit the config.
The only problem with the in-game config editor is that the changes wouldn't take effect until you restarted the game (which is why it is more convenient to just set them before launching).

As for the setting, it sounds like a great idea, except for the problem of setting the option back (if the Launcher doesn't appear, there's nowhere to change the setting!). Once the in-game scripts are done, it would definitely be a possibility though.
I thought Overgrowth applies changes in real-time while playing (tab out, change line in script, tab back in, changes have been made)

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:14 am

Svenare wrote:
Samusaaron3 wrote:

I thought Overgrowth applies changes in real-time while playing (tab out, change line in script, tab back in, changes have been made)
Some files yes, shaders, textures, etc. it will do that with, but not everything. Not to say that that won't be the case in the future.

Also if you want to launch OG without the launcher interface you could always just open the application/executable =P

DoctorGester

Post by DoctorGester » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:10 am

http://screenshot.su/show.php?img=30739 ... 81c10b.jpg

I think it would be better to use JSpinner instead of JTextField(Or dunno what's this O_O)

http://screenshot.su/show.php?img=a0b1a ... 1b0296.jpg

And there you should add borders (java.awt.Color.gray) to text fields.

sirwillis

Post by sirwillis » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:49 am

I'm having troubles, getting this error
for some reason that picture is small...if it's hard to read, click here

Last edited by sirwillis on Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:04 am, edited 2 times in total.