Liquids?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
matt000r000

Liquids?

Post by matt000r000 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:43 pm

Will Overgrowth have support for liquids? With the detailed landscape, I feel like even a small rivulet running through a level like abandoned grove would be awesome. Perhaps make changing images move along a preset path to create a terblulent-yet-smooth water effect?

Froden

Re: Liquids?

Post by Froden » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:12 pm

Well, there's blood :P

But water would be a very, very nice touch. The environments kinda feel dry, which doesn't make sense when thinking about the vegetation.

I could imagine that water is in the harder end of the spectrum of animation, but I do expect it to be in the final game.
Just think about, as you mention, what it would do to environments, not to mention splashing effect when landing in a puddle. A possible, but probably advanced, feature would be wettening of the fur and clothes of the animals, y'know, change of color and reflection. And if the water droplets stood out in the directions that were true to the physics when fast movement occured (just after having contact with water, otherwise it should drip off and dry out), we would definitely be on the frontier of graphics and TRUE AWESOMENESS!
Also, some weapons (such as the bow, if it is added) might not be able to handle the work, rendering them useless or very inacurate.

.. wooooooow. I love this website.