MacBook Pro Cutting Throats

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!

MacBook Pro Cutting Throats

Post by 6673764 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:29 pm

Okay, so I have a MacBook Pro. I just finished downloading the new alpha 166, and I was gonna try out the cutting a throat. But, when I tried it, on my MacBook, to right-click, you click with two fingers, so cutting their throats isn't working. for the moment, I'm just hitting Q to throw the knife at him, but still, it's just not as satisfying... It would be awesome if you guys could fix/adress this!!!! :D

kbwilliams95

Re: MacBook Pro Cutting Throats

Post by kbwilliams95 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:08 pm

I had the same problem, and I found that sometimes if you right click (with middle finger and ring finger) to hold them, then slide your fingers to the top right of the track pad and use your index finger to regular click it sometimes works. I made the trackpad settings so I don't have to really click down on it, I just have to tap it with my fingers, which may have something to do with it. This hard to explain but I think you could figure it out. If not I'll go into further detail. Good luck! :D

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:07 am

I had somewhat of the same problem, having one of those Apple Mightymouses (Mightymice?), with the connected buttons. I found the best solution in the end was to shell out $15 at my local office supply store for a crappy PC mouse :wink:

ShnitzelKiller

Post by ShnitzelKiller » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:17 am

How on earth do you intend to play this game with a buttonless trackpad?

NoSkillz

Post by NoSkillz » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:42 am

This problem is affecting me as well. Although, I hesitate to call it a problem. Its certainly nothing wrong with the game, just wrong with using an apple trackpad.

moomoohk

Post by moomoohk » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:32 pm

guys i found a (sort of) solution: if you have a mouse (apple mouse or "normal" mouse) plug it in and make sure the trackpad isn't disabled through system preferences. then if you're right clicking with the mouse to hold the hostage just left click the trackpad and that should kill him. it's kinda stupid but works fine. i wrote to the a-team and told them about this and suggested they add a "trackpad mode" for people who have this issue which has different controls for these actions (like right click to take hostage, shift to kill or something).

re people who don't get apple trackpads: if you had a mac you'd see how awesome and easy to use the trackpad is (for anything, including games)

NoSkillz

Post by NoSkillz » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:47 pm

moomoohk wrote:guys i found a (sort of) solution: if you have a mouse (apple mouse or "normal" mouse) plug it in and make sure the trackpad isn't disabled through system preferences. then if you're right clicking with the mouse to hold the hostage just left click the trackpad and that should kill him. it's kinda stupid but works fine. i wrote to the a-team and told them about this and suggested they add a "trackpad mode" for people who have this issue which has different controls for these actions (like right click to take hostage, shift to kill or something).

re people who don't get apple trackpads: if you had a mac you'd see how awesome and easy to use the trackpad is (for anything, including games)
Thanks for the tip.
Yes. While I find it extremely impossible to play any other games on normal laptop pads, Apple Trackpads are sensitive enough for me to play FPS games faster than if I were to use a mouse.

moomoohk

Post by moomoohk » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:11 pm

NoSkillz wrote:
moomoohk wrote:guys i found a (sort of) solution: if you have a mouse (apple mouse or "normal" mouse) plug it in and make sure the trackpad isn't disabled through system preferences. then if you're right clicking with the mouse to hold the hostage just left click the trackpad and that should kill him. it's kinda stupid but works fine. i wrote to the a-team and told them about this and suggested they add a "trackpad mode" for people who have this issue which has different controls for these actions (like right click to take hostage, shift to kill or something).

Thanks for the tip.
Yes. While I find it extremely impossible to play any other games on normal laptop pads, Apple Trackpads are sensitive enough for me to play FPS games faster than if I were to use a mouse.
No problem man

MagnusM1

Post by MagnusM1 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:47 pm

ShnitzelKiller wrote:How on earth do you intend to play this game with a buttonless trackpad?
Excactly. Why anyone even remotly interested in gaming would purchase a mac is beyond me. :|

JtM

Post by JtM » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:53 pm

MagnusM1 wrote:
ShnitzelKiller wrote:How on earth do you intend to play this game with a buttonless trackpad?
Excactly. Why anyone even remotly interested in gaming would purchase a mac is beyond me. :|
You can just any old mouse with a macbook pro and it'll work just fine. The game runs perfectly fine on my macbook pro except for some performance glitches during combat, which I'm sure will be addressed. Wolfire has obviously seen the merit in cross platform support, otherwise they wouldn't have made Overgrowth cross platform, or made the humble bundle require cross platform games.

fallingisflying

Post by fallingisflying » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:44 pm

MagnusM1 wrote:
some of us are forced to buy one... i had to get mine for audio engineering.. i still play about a 30 hours a week of gaming... that being said my pc is in the mail.... :D :P