Character creator.

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
TheSilverRam

Character creator.

Post by TheSilverRam » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:24 pm

( This is for the full game) You go to the main game, then there is a GUI that pops up. You are still Turner, but you can change him, like change his clothes, fur color.I would find it interesting to have that feature into the game. After you have done that you could change difficulty on the A.I. Tell me what you think about this :)

totushek

Re: Character creator.

Post by totushek » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:18 pm

Great Idea I think with the game the way it is that would fit right in

DemonicDaemon

Post by DemonicDaemon » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:18 pm

You might still be able to acquire clothes in-game instead of choosing them at the start and being stuck with them for the whole game

12sea21

Post by 12sea21 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:40 pm

Suddenly nerdgasms all around.
Blizzard. Bethesda. Mojang. Activision. Sony. They will bow down to this great program that you have created...

This game.. is amazing. No overstatement... maybe understating its awesomeness. AMAZING I TELL YOU!

Macrauchenia

Post by Macrauchenia » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:53 pm

DemonicDaemon wrote:You might still be able to acquire clothes in-game instead of choosing them at the start and being stuck with them for the whole game
I really like this idea.

BangDaddy

Post by BangDaddy » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:08 am

Macrauchenia wrote:
DemonicDaemon wrote:You might still be able to acquire clothes in-game instead of choosing them at the start and being stuck with them for the whole game
I really like this idea.
I second that!!

kingbonghogg

Post by kingbonghogg » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:15 pm

BangDaddy wrote:
Macrauchenia wrote:
I really like this idea.
I second that!!
yes that is an epic idea :o

NoSkillz

Post by NoSkillz » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:38 pm

Wow, yeah, I never really thought about it, but character creation seems really neat.
It would probably be a big chunk of code to do as currently characters are not loaded into the game in such a dynamic way as to use different clothing options, etc.

TheSilverRam

Post by TheSilverRam » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:37 am

I mean they kinda already did that in the editor. You can change fur colour and cloth colour. But changing the cloth. Your already wearing shorts, so you can change to pants. You guys kinda get the idea :)

YouKnow

Post by YouKnow » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:25 am

Blender and GIMP, there's yer character creators. :wink:

But really, the character palette editor works well enough and I'm sure a more dynamic clothing/armor system is planned.

olza

Post by olza » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:00 am

Yeah, I think an armor system is planned, so with that could come clothes, although with armor over the top you might not see them much...
But yeah, would be pretty cool!

spotter-acus

Post by spotter-acus » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:17 pm

It's definitely something of which i'm pretty sure they already have at-least some variant in mind but you making the system for them would be really appreciated, and probably implemented - getting you a good credit and something to really be able to show off to prospective employers! :D (i'm always thinking about how useful things could be when yer tryin to get work - sue to being unemployed for two years xD)

DO IT!!

TheSilverRam

Post by TheSilverRam » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:39 pm

You can probably do this type of thing in Blender. ;)

MagnusM1

Post by MagnusM1 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:56 pm

Speking of clothes, it would be cool if the were damaged by slashes and fire.

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:32 pm

They are planning on an arena mod(I think) and definitely challenge levels, so a character creator would be cool. As mentioned above, an armor system is planned, and you can already change colors, so it's not that far off.
kingbonghogg wrote:You might still be able to acquire clothes in-game instead of choosing them at the start and being stuck with them for the whole game
The problem with this is that in some levels you are given specific equipment (in lugaru), and I like this, but what would be cool is if armor and weapons were given classes(daggers, light, stealthy, green, camo, etc.), and ratings (25 sharp deflect, 30 stabbing, 99 blunt resistance) and the level creator could limit your weapon and armor classes and ratings. This way acquiring weapons and armors through the game(which indeed would be awesome) would not make certain levels too easy, but would still give us freedom, and the level creators power.