Unofficial Overgrowth a175, weekly build

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Daedal

Re: Unofficial Overgrowth a175, weekly build

Post by Daedal » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:57 am

Yay ! This obviously is a great update, and the new fighting style is really refreshing, besides being well made. The only problem is that it messes up your ability to throw one handed swords efficiently, once you enter the stance. Oh and, for some reason I noticed some suspicious blood trails, that is, it looks like some of them aren't good at physics. Well, what I mean with that " joke " is that when you kill an enemy with a sword ( especially two-handed ones ) and the said enemy is close to a wall ( or any element, I guess ), it leaves a very strange angular blood splatter on that wall. All other blood effects remain subject to the oh so awesome physics engine, but that particular one is completely unrealistic and looks more like a glitch. It may not be new, but for some reason I hadn't noticed that before.

NJesperson

Post by NJesperson » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:31 pm

KiiNGz wrote:Am i the only one that gets this error? D:

---------------------------
Error in "enemycontrol.as"
Compiling void UpdateBrain()
ERR: enemycontrol.as (215, 9) 'holding_weapon' is not declared
ERR: enemycontrol.as (215, 8) Expression must be of boolean type
ERR: enemycontrol.as (310, 31) No conversion from 'int' to 'bool' available.

Cancel Try Again Continue

Help i wanna do one handed sword fighting to :(
Something similar happened to me a while ago, and it turned out to be caused by a mistake I did when I updated the game. To fix it I had to reinstall the game. I don't know if it will solve your problem too, but you can always try.

st3veebee

Post by st3veebee » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:53 pm

Just about to download the new update: loving the new fighting style! Great work guys and keep it up!

TheCruzmeister

Dat dog sword and cat rapier

Post by TheCruzmeister » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:46 pm

Ive noticed a couple things with the new one-handed weapons, and it is kinda weird. You lose grip of the sword really fast. It's as if turner is holding on with his pinkie or something. Also, I think the one-handed weapons are too strong. Why use the broadsword or bastard sword, which are both slower than the one-handed swords, and do the same amount of damage. I think the one-handed swords should be at the same damage level as the spear, which takes 2 hits to kill someone.

akazi

Re: Dat dog sword and cat rapier

Post by akazi » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:52 pm

TheCruzmeister wrote:Ive noticed a couple things with the new one-handed weapons, and it is kinda weird. You lose grip of the sword really fast. It's as if turner is holding on with his pinkie or something. Also, I think the one-handed weapons are too strong. Why use the broadsword or bastard sword, which are both slower than the one-handed swords, and do the same amount of damage. I think the one-handed swords should be at the same damage level as the spear, which takes 2 hits to kill someone.
you can edit the xml to make it a two hit kill, infact i did just that. and david did say that he just focused on the animation of it this week and that he said that he needs to work on balancing it alot more, so its not done yet.

TheCruzmeister

Re: Dat dog sword and cat rapier

Post by TheCruzmeister » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:08 pm

akazi wrote:
TheCruzmeister wrote:Ive noticed a couple things with the new one-handed weapons, and it is kinda weird. You lose grip of the sword really fast. It's as if turner is holding on with his pinkie or something. Also, I think the one-handed weapons are too strong. Why use the broadsword or bastard sword, which are both slower than the one-handed swords, and do the same amount of damage. I think the one-handed swords should be at the same damage level as the spear, which takes 2 hits to kill someone.
you can edit the xml to make it a two hit kill, infact i did just that. and david did say that he just focused on the animation of it this week and that he said that he needs to work on balancing it alot more, so its not done yet.
Did he now? Well then I'll have to wait until David finishes polishing the swords then. How do you edit the xml so it's a two-hit kill?

coops975

Post by coops975 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:16 am

So no alpha this week without letting us know?

EDIT: Tweets but no forum update, guess that's what I get for not having twitter.
Last edited by coops975 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Djemps

Post by Djemps » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:26 am

coops975 wrote:So no alpha this week without letting us know?
David mentioned on the Wolfire twitter page that there is no video because he was moving this week.

akazi

Post by akazi » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:27 am

coops975 wrote:So no alpha this week without letting us know?
look at his tweets.

Manjarowolf

Post by Manjarowolf » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:59 pm

I can't wait til this gets in beta. because this is awesome and its in the alpha. that's crazy. that means the beta is gonna blow my mind. and when the game finally releases? *puts gun to mouth* I can't take this much awesome!! :cry: (well maybe just one playthrough before i bite it... or 7.... or 100...) :D