What do you want to be implemented in the next build?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Jonoffun

Re: What do you want to be implemented in the next build?

Post by Jonoffun » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:57 am

I have a cool idea!
What if you added a cool replay maker tool a bit like theatre in halo reach or something like that?

FatalShotz

Post by FatalShotz » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:11 am

I don't know if this has been mentioned earlier on this thread, but it will be way better if the wolf has major disadvantages from the rabbits. From what i see is that the wolf has exactly the same running speed and all the other athletic and parkour skills as the rabbit, except that one punch or a kick from the wolf is an insta-kill to any of the animals. Is it just me? or have they already did something like that to an update?

basksl

Post by basksl » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:35 am

Iwould like to have the option to impliment neutral npc's or civilians, so you can make a custom village map which can be attacked by enemies and you have to defeat them, or just a village in to jump around in. This way you can make more lively surroundings and maybe some city maps *wink, wink*

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:43 am

basksl wrote:Iwould like to have the option to impliment neutral npc's or civilians, so you can make a custom village map which can be attacked by enemies and you have to defeat them, or just a village in to jump around in. This way you can make more lively surroundings and maybe some city maps *wink, wink*
This can already be done with the character attributes. Select a character and press u to bring up the parameter settings, then pick the team alliances you want them to be part of by adding the same text to any characters you want.

cthuljew

Post by cthuljew » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:39 pm

I return once again to give you access to the intellectual manna dripping from my godly brain:

- Scroll wheel could let you zoom in and out on your character. This would be very handy for dealing with large groups of enemies, as well as parkour, both to let you see wide jumps and walls, and also to zoom in close so that your camera isn't hitting things behind you when you set up jumps off ledges and stuff.

- When you throw a weapon, instead of it auto-aiming at whatever enemy you're focused on, it would be really cool if there was some way to specifically aim it. My suggestion? Slomo + motion blur, as per this image:

Once you hit the throw button, it goes into slomo, and you have exactly the length of the slowed-down throw animation to manually aim the view so that the unblurred circle is centered on the opponent (and part of the opponent) that you want the knife to fly towards.

- When you're at long-attack distance (where you kick rather than punch), it would be neat if a successful grab, instead of judo throwing your opponent, did some sort of reversal, such as pulling them in for a hard knee to the stomach, or a punch in the face. This would do extra damage and possibly cause them to be knocked back and fall from the force of the hit.

Jaz
Location: Earth, Near The Sun, Milky Way, Universe, Time Loop

Post by Jaz » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:09 pm

1. Zoom is a feature I've wanted for the entire time that I've had access to Overgrowth alphas.

2. That would be great too. The auto-aim feature at the moment was probably place-holder anyway, but a manual slow-motion aiming system would be brilliant.

3. Both could be implemented if coded correctly. A randomized reversal would be great, and add variation to the combat system. Yes, reversing the opponent's knee to their stomach would be a much more viable reversal attack than a judo throw. Though this requires a fair bit of strength unlike a judo throw, so this could be exclusive to stronger creatures?

cthuljew

Post by cthuljew » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:55 pm

Jaz wrote:Yes, reversing the opponent's knee to their stomach would be a much more viable reversal attack than a judo throw.
Oh, I mean, your knee to their stomach, as you pull them towards you. Like, if you reverse their punch, you knee them, and if you reverse their kick, you punch them. Etc.

AxellerNation

Post by AxellerNation » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:55 pm

I know this will take sometime but i would like a singleplayer campaign please! :D

Fujiho

Post by Fujiho » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:47 pm

- I want bows but here is the way I want to use them: they would be like a left hand weapon that you can't sheath. For arrows, you could take them in your hands like you do with swords or daguers and you could also "sheath" them in a quiver like you sheath your sword in a sheath. So you could fight with an arrow in your hand and if you want to throw it, you must have a bow in your left hand and left click, and subsequently, each time you want to throw an arrow, you must first take an arrow from your quiver by pressing Q wich would make archery a little more hardcore. (You could also have a sword in your right hand while having your bow in your left hand)

-Weapons should also have a certain durability. So you could fight with an arrow in your hand like written above or going melee with the bow itself but it could broke easily.

-I would also like to be able to attack while wall running.

*scuse me if my english is not really good, it's not my native language

DDJ87

Post by DDJ87 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:50 am

FLYING DRAGON KICK WWWWAAAAATTTTAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Scrumpeh

Post by Scrumpeh » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:17 am

I'd like to see a split kick to get two opponents at once 8)
Last edited by Scrumpeh on Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UnicornSpirit

Post by UnicornSpirit » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:52 am

I think it would be nice to have some sort of other tiny wildlife (even if it was something you couldn't react with). Such as birds or butterflies... SOMETHING. I feel so lonely playing this game, it's such a desolate world.

cthuljew

Post by cthuljew » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:43 am

UnicornSpirit wrote:I think it would be nice to have some sort of other tiny wildlife (even if it was something you couldn't react with). Such as birds or butterflies... SOMETHING. I feel so lonely playing this game, it's such a desolate world.
This would be incredibly cool. Like, deer in the forest levels, eagles and vultures in the mountain and desert levels, respectively, butterflies in the meadow levels. That would really be amazing.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:13 am

Deer are unlikely. All the mammals would have to be anthropomorphic, so they wouldn't count as wildlife. Lizards, birds and bugs would work, though.

Ylvali

Post by Ylvali » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:58 am

Endoperez wrote:All the mammals would have to be anthropomorphic
Why?