What do you want to be implemented in the next build?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
akazi

Re: What do you want to be implemented in the next build?

Post by akazi » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:13 pm

drako125 wrote:I want SOME resemblance of raider mode. Seriously it seems i'm the only one who remembers that
It will come, the arena mode isn't even finished yet.

DaynjaDog

Post by DaynjaDog » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:20 pm

Cammeh wrote:If any of you are familiar with SOS (One of David's earlier games). It would be awesome if they were to add the ability to swipe at a animal's leg enough times to break his leg,ankle,knee and have him limp around. You would also be able to break his arms, when you get to the point where he is fully on the ground, unable to move, you take out your weapon and stab him :twisted: if unarmed just step on his head or something (Kind of like Lugaru).

Oh yeah, Squirrels.
P.S. I do not want the enemies to crawl creepily towards me like they did in SOS, thank you for those beautiful nightmares, David.
Yes! :twisted:

DaynjaDog

Post by DaynjaDog » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:41 pm

Oh and realism.

MY REALISM IDEAS

1. If you are parkouring around like a boss, and a limb (or your head) hits or just bounces off an object, it will break that specific bone or body part and make you enter either pain or active ragdoll. I think pain is better. :twisted:

2. Most parkour glitches result in ragdoll. Most parkour glitches involve a body part not quite making it's target, unlike the rest of the body resulting in something similar to the idea above. This would make parkour a whole lot more challenging. And fun. IMO.

3. Knockback randomiser. Make it realistic though. Depending on how bashed up you are, (:P) the knockback and such increases. This isn't the same thing, but also related, but if someone is knocked down, they get back up pretty quickly, considering that their face is just barely hanging off their neck. As I said before, depending on how bashed you are, the slower you are at recovering and basically just moving in general. Because sometimes I just like to put the attack resistance up as high as it will go and I'm chopping a guy up with a meat cleaver, and he's doing this funny foot dance because of the get-up animation.

4. And why do people hug their faces when they die? Is it a cultural thing?

Thanks! :mrgreen:
Last edited by DaynjaDog on Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:42 pm

drako125 wrote:I want SOME resemblance of raider mode. Seriously it seems i'm the only one who remembers that
If you will remember, they said they will focus on arena mode first, and really get that working AND THEN move on to raider mode.

DaynjaDog

Post by DaynjaDog » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:55 pm

Oh yah, and make it so we LOSE fans in Gladiator mode as well. :twisted:

And more weapons in Gladiator.

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:05 pm

DaynjaDog wrote:Oh yah, and make it so we LOSE fans in Gladiator mode as well. :twisted
I like this idea. As it is, even if you get murdered the second you walk in, and no one is even slightly entertained, there are like 5 retards going "GO AMORPHOUS! YEAAAAH. That guy is awesome!" :P

RoboNinjaRabit

Post by RoboNinjaRabit » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:47 pm

I'd like an online multiplayer system, if possible, and wooden plate helmets.

Tilas300

Post by Tilas300 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:50 pm

MY GOODNESS, ENOUGH WITH THE MULTIPLAYER ALREADY!!! Seriously! The developers have clearly stated it isn't intended for multiplayer, and it has been suggested A THOUSAND TIMES. I think we get it! :evil:

DaynjaDog

Post by DaynjaDog » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:38 pm

Tilas300 wrote:MY GOODNESS, ENOUGH WITH THE MULTIPLAYER ALREADY!!! Seriously! The developers have clearly stated it isn't intended for multiplayer, and it has been suggested A THOUSAND TIMES. I think we get it! :evil:

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:42 pm

Tilas300 wrote:MY GOODNESS, ENOUGH WITH THE MULTIPLAYER ALREADY!!! Seriously! The developers have clearly stated it isn't intended for multiplayer, and it has been suggested A THOUSAND TIMES. I think we get it! :evil:
Well, multiplayer has been considered by the Wolfire team, but it is still undecided whether or not Overgrowth'll have it. There WERE INITIAL multiplayer TESTS, and since David made Desperate Gods not only for the game jam, but also for learning how to make multiplayer sessions and such, Multiplayer is a possibility. And when you think about it, Desperate Gods is also a muliplayer physocs sandbox with cards and a ruleset.

Also, when did Wolfire say that it's not intended for multiplayer?

Tilas300

Post by Tilas300 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:54 am

Timbles wrote:
Well, multiplayer has been considered by the Wolfire team, but it is still undecided whether or not Overgrowth'll have it. There WERE INITIAL multiplayer TESTS, and since David made Desperate Gods not only for the game jam, but also for learning how to make multiplayer sessions and such, Multiplayer is a possibility. And when you think about it, Desperate Gods is also a muliplayer physocs sandbox with cards and a ruleset.

Also, when did Wolfire say that it's not intended for multiplayer?
Just...I remember seeing heaps of post saying that.

But still, pleanty of people have said it. THAT is still %100 valid.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:45 am

Multiplayer gets asked again and again. I've written probably dozens of warnings against that - not "it will not happen", but "it is challenging and unlikely to happen". Then Wolfire added local multiplayer, and now they're working on local 4-player multiplayer, so I've started saying "online multiplayer is challenging and might not happen, but if you have an X-box controller or something similar you can do local multiplayer. Wolfire team has done some online tests in the last year or so, but they haven't given any promises about there being online multiplayer in Overgrowth."

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:12 pm

After looking at the new female rabbit model, all I can say is rabbit boobies with giggle physics...
if that happens or not is another thing

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:20 pm

Chainsaw man wrote:After looking at the new female rabbit model, all I can say is rabbit boobies with giggle physics
Sounds amusing.

Tilas300

Post by Tilas300 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:55 pm

Chainsaw man wrote:After looking at the new female rabbit model, all I can say is rabbit boobies with giggle physics...
if that happens or not is another thing
You just know, that someone had to say it...great idea. TOTALLY in it for the realisticness and not the amusingness...