What do you want to be implemented in the next build?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Yestin

What do you want to be implemented in the next build?

Post by Yestin » Sat May 12, 2012 9:39 pm

Discuss what you want to be added in the next build here.

Yestin

Re: What do you want to be implemented in the next build?

Post by Yestin » Sat May 12, 2012 9:40 pm

I really want spears to be thrown like spears.

Zelron

Post by Zelron » Sat May 12, 2012 9:43 pm

I want cake and rainbows and laser guns!
No, but really i'd like to see some work on the whole accessory system.

Retarded Username

Post by Retarded Username » Sat May 12, 2012 10:17 pm

Blood on face due to punches and kicks, slashes from wolves
To know what abilities will the cats and dogs have

akazi

Post by akazi » Sat May 12, 2012 10:26 pm

I want the animal run from Lugaru.

maggzie

Post by maggzie » Sat May 12, 2012 10:32 pm

i would like to see some defensive moves, with wepons as well. maybe assign buttons to block certain things :?:

Zelron

Post by Zelron » Sat May 12, 2012 10:36 pm

maggzie wrote:i would like to see some defensive moves, with wepons as well. maybe assign buttons to block certain things :?:
The right click is active block. When pressed at the exact right time, unarmed you block unarmed attacks, armed you block most everything else. If you hold the button while unarmed you with throw your enemy over your shoulder, usually freeing them up for a swift kick to the head.

monstercameron

Post by monstercameron » Sun May 13, 2012 12:05 am

I want a system where the mouths on the facial models of the characters are controlled by the volume of the audio they make or being able to plug a mic into your pc and target a specific character model

ScopeTCR

Post by ScopeTCR » Sun May 13, 2012 12:11 am

I would really like to be able to put spears or 2 handed swords on my characters back, for parkour when it's not in use. I would also like to see some special options when you have an enemy in the choke hold. Like for instance, being able to snap their neck instantly rather than waiting for them to suffocate, slamming their head into the ground like in Arkham City, pushing them forward for cliffhanger scenarios, if you have a knife or sword to their neck which happens when you were wielding one, then being able to throw the knife while still holding the enemy. The possibilities...

Zelron

Post by Zelron » Sun May 13, 2012 12:39 am

ScopeTCR wrote:[The ability] to snap their neck instantly rather than waiting for them to suffocate, slamming their head into the ground like in Arkham City
They make it look in movies and games that you might accidentally snap your own neck by turning you head too quickly, but really snaping someone's neck isn't easy. It's quite frankly unreliable. And smashing someone's head against the floor is just going to disorient them (and give you a wicked headache).
The "sleeper hold" is actually the most reliable, effecient, and quickest way to silently incapacitate someone.

ScopeTCR

Post by ScopeTCR » Sun May 13, 2012 1:56 am

Zelron wrote:
ScopeTCR wrote:[The ability] to snap their neck instantly rather than waiting for them to suffocate, slamming their head into the ground like in Arkham City
They make it look in movies and games that you might accidentally snap your own neck by turning you head too quickly, but really snaping someone's neck isn't easy. It's quite frankly unreliable. And smashing someone's head against the floor is just going to disorient them (and give you a wicked headache).
The "sleeper hold" is actually the most reliable, effecient, and quickest way to silently incapacitate someone.
These are highly trained professional Rabbits we are talking about here. It wouldn't take from the realism at all, because your claim is not 100% true. In movies, they are generally acting as if the person's neck is completely loose, or at ease. That would be the only reason why it would kill them, but obviously they would be struggling and tense. This just proves your claim even more, HOWEVER, if done the proper way, which these animals seem to be Martial Art and Aikido masters, and it wouldn't be so unfathomable to just add the feature. And about the slamming their head into the ground, I was just giving more examples of what could be added.

zzwerty

Post by zzwerty » Sun May 13, 2012 4:31 am

I don't think it will be implemented in the next build as such but eventually I hope they work more on the Parkour system because the fighting system is way ahead of it at the moment.

Jaz
Location: Earth, Near The Sun, Milky Way, Universe, Time Loop

Post by Jaz » Sun May 13, 2012 6:10 am

Zelron wrote:
Well, yeah, there is a hell of a lot of tissue and bone to get through before you snap someone's neck.

A more reliable attack would be to smack really hard into the central nerve, which runs through your spine and neck, straight to your brain. However, that's on your back, not your front. Trying to snap someone's neck by pulling them backwards would just choke them a little bit, it wouldn't choke them to death instantly. You'd have to let them go for a split second and smack them really hard in the back, just beneath the neck.

Particles

Post by Particles » Sun May 13, 2012 10:14 am

I personally would like to see all the races start to differentiate themselves through new contextual move sets like maybe a spinning back fist instead of the kick for wolves...or at least clothing for the cats.

akazi

Post by akazi » Sun May 13, 2012 5:47 pm

I would like all of the characters made, Rats, Cats, Dogs, Rabbits, and wolfs, and have them all rigged.