Download Receiver for free! (7-day FPS game)

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Ninjas

Re: Download Receiver for free! (7-day FPS game)

Post by Ninjas » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:03 pm

In the area with the pipe near the wall, you can get out by tapping "w", and scooting until you get out. With the stairwell I found a way to get out, but will probably fix it, so you can't get back in there

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:30 pm

Davidos wrote:To be quite frank, I sincerely hope that Overgrowth won't be a buggy messhole like this challenge-game is. Surely, it was completed in 7 days, but then unforgiving difficulty, unhittable/killable enemies and game breaking bugs aren't quite going to place it in the top 10 list is it?
The unforgiving difficulty is what makes this game so fun, if you don't like that, this game isn't for you, but that's ok, you got it for free! Also, I hit and kill enemies all the time, you just aren't hitting them in the right spot(which is realistic, if you shoot a car door a thousand times, the car will still drive), and I haven't encountered any game breaking bugs(In fact, I haven't encountered any bugs, and I have played quite a lot). Also, they are still working on this, If you are encountering horrible deathly bugs, post what the bug is here and they will fix it.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:20 pm

Often the gun will start shaking uncontrollably. It does this randomly, and sometimes the rest of the view shakes with it.

Zorletos

Post by Zorletos » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:19 am

I have this problem where I can't run when I tap "w". Is there something else that I'm supposed to be doing instead of that or what?

Zero_Ctrl

Post by Zero_Ctrl » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:34 am

Zorletos wrote:I have this problem where I can't run when I tap "w". Is there something else that I'm supposed to be doing instead of that or what?
You can't sprint if you are aiming your gun. Have you tried lowering the gun or holstering it?

(=Nemesis=)

Post by (=Nemesis=) » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:20 am

Maybe you could use <a taser> to recharge the battery that powers your taser and flashlight.
There's a flashlight? Oh. I guess the lighting problem is somewhat subverted then...

funymunky

Post by funymunky » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:32 am

(=Nemesis=) wrote:
Maybe you could use <a taser> to recharge the battery that powers your taser and flashlight.
There's a flashlight? Oh. I guess the lighting problem is somewhat subverted then...
I think that he's suggesting that a flashlight be added. I don't think there's a flashlight in-game as of now.

Nervesplitter

Post by Nervesplitter » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:37 am

Tasers are really overpowered still, even if you see it coming towards you there's a thin chance you will kill it in time, especially when they come from above. Also, some sort of melee would be nice, that way you're not completely screwed when you spawn with 1 mag and 3 rounds.

Lizardheim

Post by Lizardheim » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:12 am

Could you add an aim mode where the camera slowly recenters on the gun, but is still freeaim?

lolloo

Post by lolloo » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:36 am

adwuga wrote:
Davidos wrote:To be quite frank, I sincerely hope that Overgrowth won't be a buggy messhole like this challenge-game is. Surely, it was completed in 7 days, but then unforgiving difficulty, unhittable/killable enemies and game breaking bugs aren't quite going to place it in the top 10 list is it?
The unforgiving difficulty is what makes this game so fun, if you don't like that, this game isn't for you, but that's ok, you got it for free! Also, I hit and kill enemies all the time, you just aren't hitting them in the right spot(which is realistic, if you shoot a car door a thousand times, the car will still drive), and I haven't encountered any game breaking bugs(In fact, I haven't encountered any bugs, and I have played quite a lot). Also, they are still working on this, If you are encountering horrible deathly bugs, post what the bug is here and they will fix it.
Amen to that, I like how the gun is so realistic and need manuel touch of human being to reload!
Luv it! what u smoking guys at wolfire?! this freaking awesome

lolloo

Post by lolloo » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:38 am

Zero_Ctrl wrote:
Zorletos wrote:I have this problem where I can't run when I tap "w". Is there something else that I'm supposed to be doing instead of that or what?
You can't sprint if you are aiming your gun. Have you tried lowering the gun or holstering it?
now this is what i like about the game. U need to know where about ur gun is.

Fred-Erik

Post by Fred-Erik » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:02 am

It's a great game, but I have a suggestion to offer me more incentive to keep playing:

Don't reset the found tape counter when you die.

Right now it takes too much luck, patience and skill to find every single tape in a single game, and that game would also take quite long. The most tapes I found in one game up to now is three. But if you leave everything the same (permanent death, random maps) but don't reset the counter, getting all the tapes in, say, 4 hours of playtime, becomes very possible.

Sordid Dreams

Post by Sordid Dreams » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:15 am

It also removes any and all replayability from the game.
In other words, please don't do this. It's a terrible idea.

astsmtl

Post by astsmtl » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:21 am

RealoFoxtrot wrote:I'd love to get support for the Razer Hydra for this, it's got some great potential if they were both used together
+1

Rewjeo

Post by Rewjeo » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:32 am

Sordid Dreams wrote:It also removes any and all replayability from the game.
In other words, please don't do this. It's a terrible idea.
How so? If I decide to play this game a bunch a year from now, it's not going to be for the sake of finding the tapes. It's going to be for the experience of manipulating the gun and dealing with the one-hit-kill turrets and tazerbots.

Of course, I'm not sure how you could leave permadeath and not reset the counter...