Download Receiver for free! (7-day FPS game)

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Anton
pretty cool guy

Re: Download Receiver for free! (7-day FPS game)

Post by Anton » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:08 pm

tbf2992 wrote:I would appreciate a way to load up new clips quickly, like being able to equip a full mag just in case and hit a button that causes the empty just to drop out and then tap z and t, ready to murder drones.
Hold down ? to see the advanced menu, which will help, because there is a fast way to equip a new magazine. Double tap e to drop the mag straight out of the gun, then double tap the corresponding number to a full magazine (1-9 etc) to insert it directly into the gun, then t to unlock the slide lock. With a little practice, this goes very quickly.

bummer6

Post by bummer6 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:51 am

Will you guys keep working on this game? It's a bit rough, but it's still one of my favourite games. With some more polish it could really be a HUGE indie title.

purple_pixie

Post by purple_pixie » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:36 pm

Anton wrote:Hold down ? to see the advanced menu, which will help, because there is a fast way to equip a new magazine. Double tap e to drop the mag straight out of the gun, then double tap the corresponding number to a full magazine (1-9 etc) to insert it directly into the gun, then t to unlock the slide lock. With a little practice, this goes very quickly.
Also, you should never have to release the slide lock.

It's just bad form to fire your gun empty, not to mention slow.
If you can handle counting all the way up to 8, you can actually keep track of how many rounds are in your gun and replace the clip once it's empty but before firing the one in the chamber ;-)

But most importantly if you do go for the double E approach, don't forget to pick your mag up again afterwards.

FlyingShisno

Post by FlyingShisno » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:29 am

I saw a couple of people mention it, but I'm not sure if they were serious or not.

For the record, you can shoot yourself in the foot. I managed to do it while running, keeping the gun down, and shooting(I was a bit twitchy). So I suggest keeping the safety unless you're aiming, or stop twitching.

Abirdy

Post by Abirdy » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:08 pm

AMD X6 T1100, 8gb G.skill Ripjaws RAM, MSI Radeon 6970 2GB Twin Frozr III Overclocked (Lightning ED.) After one of the updates that preloads sounds fixed the framerate problem. I commonly get 60 FPS.

andythebomb

Post by andythebomb » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:38 pm

Any Chance of the slowmo cheat getting fixed?
Typing slowmo just makes the player grunt and pressing tab after the grunt has no effect.
The other 2 cheats seem to work fine.

dombas

Post by dombas » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:27 am

FlyingShisno wrote:I saw a couple of people mention it, but I'm not sure if they were serious or not.

For the record, you can shoot yourself in the foot. I managed to do it while running, keeping the gun down, and shooting(I was a bit twitchy). So I suggest keeping the safety unless you're aiming, or stop twitching.
I think it's the ricochet hitting the player because I also shot myself while shooting the camera on a turret while standing inside of it.

On an unrelated note: I think it could be fun to operate the walkman / casette player in a similar way to the gun :D

I also think that the number of magazines shouldn't be so random and/or it should be possible to find them, because it's kinda sad having so many bullets and only one magazine to put them in...

FullyLucid

Post by FullyLucid » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:25 pm

It runs alright on my computer at probably around 30-35 fps. I have Intel Pentium D processor, Nvidia Geforce 9500 gt. I have occasional slowdown or complete stops that last about 2-4 seconds each and happen probably about 20 seconds apart at 1024x768 (which is my desktops resolution). At 800x600 the slowdown is almost entirely gone, and it seems like the graphics quality setting doesn't speed up or slowdown anything on any setting (I've tested "fantastic", "fastest" and "simple")

EDIT: and just for a reference of how unusual that is, I've played through Bioshock, Unreal Tournament 3, and plenty of other games at full detail with little to no slow down :O. I have to assume that it's Unity's fault since so many other Unity games run slow on here.

I'll test it on my Mac later and let you guys know how it runs and the specs.

This is an amazing game, I love most of the mechanics but I'm unhappy with my hands ability to only touch 5 keys at a time. I've noticed that even at point blank if I shoot a light it doesn't ALWAYS break it, but most of the time it does. (I'm usually close enough that it really shouldn't miss even with the firing offset (if there is one) )

simpletaste

Post by simpletaste » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:53 pm

dombas wrote:
FlyingShisno wrote:I saw a couple of people mention it, but I'm not sure if they were serious or not.

I think it's the ricochet hitting the player because I also shot myself while shooting the camera on a turret while standing inside of it.

On an unrelated note: I think it could be fun to operate the walkman / casette player in a similar way to the gun :D

I also think that the number of magazines shouldn't be so random and/or it should be possible to find them, because it's kinda sad having so many bullets and only one magazine to put them in...
Yup. I had a pretty good run while collecting 6 tapes then I fell off the stairs and died. I decided that was my last game for the day so I was just shooting rounds off trying to hit the side lights running up the stairs and it ricochet and hit myself and died. I lol'd.

However you can still shoot the gun without readying it. Just another feature to help you practice gun safety.

FlyingShisno

Post by FlyingShisno » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:15 pm

simpletaste wrote:
dombas wrote:

Yup. I had a pretty good run while collecting 6 tapes then I fell off the stairs and died. I decided that was my last game for the day so I was just shooting rounds off trying to hit the side lights running up the stairs and it ricochet and hit myself and died. I lol'd.

However you can still shoot the gun without readying it. Just another feature to help you practice gun safety.
I'm not sure how accurate the gun mechanics are, but there is one thing the that Receiver has taught me. It's that I should never be allowed near a gun under any circumstances. I'd be dead withing seconds.

Teh_Bucket

Post by Teh_Bucket » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:26 am

I bought Receiver before I pre ordered, too bad. Still worth it though.

Also, though its not a big issue, Id like to see my own binds in the help menu.

yarakon

Post by yarakon » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:52 am

i tried to open it but when i started playing there were no textures exept for the background and lights. :? :cry:

please help.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:49 am

Could you post a screenshot of that problem? Receiver does not have textures, as such, so I suspect either you were expecting something else or you meant something other than what you said.

yarakon

Post by yarakon » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:56 am

Glabbit wrote:Could you post a screenshot of that problem? Receiver does not have textures, as such, so I suspect either you were expecting something else or you meant something other than what you said.
What i meant was that everything was black exept for the background and the lights