Download Receiver for free! (7-day FPS game)

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Eirene

Re: Please help us test Receiver (7-day FPS game)

Post by Eirene » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:18 am

If you have a German keybord you have to press "#" instead "?" to get the help-text. Maybe this is different for other european keybords too.

aziarto

Post by aziarto » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:26 am

this game is ridiculously fun , but i constantly run into no to extreme low light situations , with no option to turn up my brightness in game or through the launcher .

a simple flashlight or something kind of thing would help greatly , or just an brightness slider or something.

Strango

Post by Strango » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:35 am

For those of us messed up people, can we get an inverted mouse option for the y-axis?

Shaah

Post by Shaah » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:40 am

The game is fun, but far too dark!
Also the difficulty is very random, on some runs I got 2 tapes easily and with the bullets its quite easy to go forward, but if you don't find some tapes you run out of options quickly. (I got shot just after starting without moving once)

Spark

Post by Spark » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:41 am

I really enjoyed this game and I think it has massive potential. Are you guys going to develop the project further, or is this it? The foundation is just too great to leave it as is, making a complete $15-$20 indie game would be fantastic.

akazi

Post by akazi » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:45 am

I can't seem to pick up anything, I hold "Q" but nothing happens. Oh and I get mouse lag on the lowest settings and that makes it alot harder to aim and shoot.
Last edited by akazi on Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tonjevic

Post by Tonjevic » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:46 am

G picks things up, not Q.

Q changes the aiming mode I think.

akazi

Post by akazi » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:49 am

Tonjevic wrote:G picks things up, not Q.

Q changes the aiming mode I think.
Ohhhhhh! :o, thanks I feel kinda dumb now hehe. :D

cikame

Post by cikame » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:52 am

Love it, this is my kinda game.
Falling through the floor but that's known, brightness and sound volume options would be great.

But i have one request i really hope you look into, a frame rate cap.
I have my graphics card set up to not go higher than 65fps, unfortunately this application doesn't register for that limit so my computer renders as many frames as it possibly can creating lots of noise and heat which fills the room with a burning smell.
I know this is not the main project for you guys but this game really appeals to me, please see what you can do :).

Thank you.
Last edited by cikame on Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Valdevia

Post by Valdevia » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:52 am

The game is looking awesome! I think it's worth keeping up with the idea and developing further :D

Some bugs I could find:(Running on a macOSX Leopard)
-Clipping trough some walls (I think it's been already mentioned)
-Sometimes, if I stand still, my gun starts moving and shaking, and if I don't move the shaking increases until my gun starts turning around and doing crazy stuff. This is specially annoying when aiming. (Anyone having this problem?)

Other things/suggestions:
-The mouse is too sensitive to movement (at least for me). A sensitivity bar would be a nice addition (maybe other options too).
-A flashlight. Would be useful to look around for bullets in the dark. Maybe it could use some batteries?

Oh, and another thing, are we suposed to have hands? I saw aubrey making them in the livestream and it surprised me not to find them.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:54 am

My only feedback from my playing so far is it's a bit dark.

Also mouseinvert, it needs it :P

Sordid Dreams

Post by Sordid Dreams » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:59 am

To everyone saying that the game is too dark - calibrate your monitors, people. You don't need fancy equipment, just eyeball it.

Sandurz

Post by Sandurz » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:00 am

The gun mechanics ARE AWESOME. It takes a little bit of getting used to but the help system makes it a lot more smooth. It's also insanely hard if you don't know what you're doing. Even if you're an experienced fps player it probably will be hard for you. Now that I think about it, I think it's harder for people who play fps's. Normally you can't move the gun around on the screen, it just points at the center. I'll be playing this religiously until I get the hang of it. Excellent game!

Leoon5k

Post by Leoon5k » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:08 am

Was very impressed by the Youtube video, looking forward to test it out my self =)

thealbinosmurf

Post by thealbinosmurf » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:23 am

The problems i have found are:
1. Spazing gun
During play the camera will spazout and shake violently and the gun will follow this is the most annoying in game problem to have when you are trying to shoot the taze bots.
2. Goast shells
A few times I have come across prerendered floating shells.
3. Hivemind?
The tapes continue from the last found even after dieing but the count is reset.

Other input:

I think you die too easily. I understand it is to make you understand the imperative situation you are in but I don't think I should die from falling one story unless I am landing on my head every time.

Other items like body armor would be nice rare finds.

Great mechanics and idea otherwise!
Last edited by thealbinosmurf on Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.