Download Receiver for free! (7-day FPS game)

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
jbaskin

Re: Download Receiver for free! (7-day FPS game)

Post by jbaskin » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:47 pm

one thing that i would like to see is better support for lower resolutions. the game itself works fine but the ? menu is unreadable

Shawgydog

Post by Shawgydog » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:23 pm

Doesn't work i downloaded it for mac OS X and the graphics are so messed up i cant even see i can only hear what im doing.

dsi1

Post by dsi1 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:05 pm

Hahah, the new build is so fresh Chrome is warning me that it isn't commonly downloaded.

The Creator

Post by The Creator » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:44 pm

i cant download it when i click on it it just says This webpage is not available is anyone else having this problem :(

Tandour

Post by Tandour » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:39 am

Damn, if only they would make competitive games like this. Imagine Battlefield with these core mechanics.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:35 am

Tandour wrote:Damn, if only they would make competitive games like this. Imagine Battlefield with these core mechanics.
WHY HADN'T I THOUGHT OF THAT!?!?!?

Shadowfury333

Post by Shadowfury333 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:16 pm

I wish I had been screencapping this, because I accidentally killed myself.

I was on a ledge between two areas (going from the dark blue area with two staircases in an inverted V with housing to a green area with an open courtyard and where the only stairs are long single staircases) and while shooting down at some killdrones while hanging over the ledge, I ended up shooting straight down at one and suddenly died. I'm pretty sure I shot myself in the foot.

If it makes a difference (which it probably doesn't and shouldn't) my gun is as close to my eye as possible.

EDIT: Turns out this is a known bug, given all the people talking about Receiver Russian Roulette.
Last edited by Shadowfury333 on Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShnitzelKiller

Post by ShnitzelKiller » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:54 pm

Timbles wrote:
Tandour wrote:Damn, if only they would make competitive games like this. Imagine Battlefield with these core mechanics.
You mean a shooter game featuring a battlefield of floating guns? Then I already have a screenshot:

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:43 pm

ShnitzelKiller wrote:
Timbles wrote:
You mean a shooter game featuring a battlefield of floating guns? Then I already have a screenshot:
well obviously there'll be player models.

dsi1

Post by dsi1 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:41 pm

Just a simple arena deathmatch with these guns and gun mechanics (and movement mechanics!) would be crazy awesome.

Two players enter, a table of various pistols/revolvers/flashlights sits on a table in the middle of a pillar and crate filled room, sprint to the table, grab your weapon (would need to change how you pick stuff up, the area pickup doesn't even work anymore with the addition of flashlights, let alone multiple guns), ammo, magazines, and shoot to kill.

It'd be hilarious to just grab random stuff then find out you got the Glock mags for your 1911 :V

Oathrunner

Post by Oathrunner » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:13 pm

I don't really know what the dev whats to add to the game but some of the things I think would be at least interesting to have. Some of this might be going a little far though.

Just simple 2-player co-op or 1vs1 deathmatch would be nice.

Not sure it would work in the games "story" but some human baddies might be cool.

And I've seen some suggestions for rifles, and I agree that might stray from a more simple game but if there was one in the game the only kind I'd want to see would be a bolt-action rifle, I think a modern rifle would be to much.

TideGear

Post by TideGear » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:26 am

I think competitive play might be ruined by jerks using macros, but coop would be neat.

sandwichpolice

Post by sandwichpolice » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:18 am

I seem to have a problem launching reciever. I get an error saying this:

Error
There should be 'Receiver_Data'
folder next to the executable
Can someone help me?

cobra2020

Post by cobra2020 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:31 pm

sandwichpolice wrote:I seem to have a problem launching reciever. I get an error saying this:

Error
There should be 'Receiver_Data'
folder next to the executable
Can someone help me?
Receiver needs a specific file structure. Both the exe and the receiver data folder must be in the same folder (if you don't have the data, redownload)
You should have both:
AnyFolder/Receiver_Data
AnyFolder/Receiver.exe

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:04 pm

Just so you guys know, we have now created a Receiver forum now, and I have moved all Receiver related topics (except this one) to that forum. We should post any more comments about the game there, and this thread will be for checking SPF updates. (Don't forget, you can also download Receiver from your Humble Bundle store page, and if you help us get Receiver on Steam, we'll be able to update there as well!)