Unofficial Overgrowth a183, weekly build

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
atari235

Re: Unofficial Overgrowth a183, weekly build

Post by atari235 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:18 pm

How do I edit the level script? with what program do I open it, and what do I need to change?

Lakhuton

Post by Lakhuton » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:44 pm

Aaron wrote:Does the same issue occur when you run the game without the SUMLauncher? If so, what happens if you right click on Overgrowth.exe, and choose "Run as Administrator"?
Hey Aaron, yeah the same thing happens when I try and use the .exe or run as administrator.

main_antagonist

Post by main_antagonist » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:45 pm

atari235 wrote:How do I edit the level script? with what program do I open it, and what do I need to change?
You can use a bunch of programs I personally like using notepad++
http://notepad-plus-plus.org/ :)

For me it's located under;
C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfire\Overgrowth\Data\Scripts

Edit the file named Level or with the extension name Level.as (.as means actionscript) and put this /* at the start and then this */ at the end. They're coloured red below as an example...

void UpdateDebugText() {
/*DebugText("achmt_flawless", "Flawless: "+flawless_, 0.5f);
DebugText("achmt_injured", "No Injuries: "+!injured_, 0.5f);
DebugText("achmt_no_first_strikes", "No First Strikes: "+no_first_strikes_, 0.5f);
DebugText("achmt_no_counter_strikes", "No Counter Strikes: "+no_counter_strikes_, 0.5f);
DebugText("achmt_no_kills", "No Kills: "+no_kills_, 0.5f);
DebugText("achmt_no_alert", "No Alerts: "+no_alert_, 0.5f);
*/
//DebugText("achmt_damage0", "Block damage: "+total_block_damage_, 0.5f);
//DebugText("achmt_damage1", "Impact damage: "+total_damage_, 0.5f);
//DebugText("achmt_damage2", "Blood loss: "+total_blood_loss_, 0.5f);

You're commenting out the code not removing it so you can just remove the comment portion of the code /* and */ if you want to bring the award system back.

If you're having trouble with that press ctrl+f and the finder will come up type in 'debug' without the apostrophes :lol: click find next and BAM! you're there with the code right in front of you.
If you're having trouble editing the file with messages asking you if it's open in another program and you've enabled admin privileges for editing, well just cut the file paste to deskstop and edit it there. Afterwards put it back in the correct directory :wink:

P.S
Sorry if that was over explained, I just hope that fixes it for anybody needing help.

vallejo18

Post by vallejo18 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:20 am

Please help, i tried to load my level but keep getting "XML type unknown: Type"

quackor

Post by quackor » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:20 am

Experiencing massive framerate drop compared to a182. In a182 I never dropped below 60fps, in a183 the game becomes unplayable the moment a character ragdolls. Any idea what could it be? Some setting I need to switch?

Arakash

Post by Arakash » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:17 am

thanks. It was libjpeg64-dev, which was blocked by libjpeg-dev, which when i removed it took a hole bunch of other librarys (~700MB :/) with him to hell. BUt I can play Overgrwoth now :lol: I just hope my machine still boots tomorrow :D

sandwichpolice

Post by sandwichpolice » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:47 am

This is going to take a long time to download,but it's worth it. :3

oleshikaru

Post by oleshikaru » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:03 am

I am unable to load the Eroded Plateau map at this point. :/

Semel

Post by Semel » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:15 am

Yay, first ever post on this forum :) shame it's with a problem :(

I've just downloaded Overgrowth for Linux the first time, I used the SUMLauncher and everything went okay until I tried to play the game. I started the Red Shards level and when it finished loading Turner was running in circles and the camera was dragging on the floor even through I was not touching either the mouse or the keyboard!

When I ESC to the level editor the camera instantly flies to the edge of the skybox and I an't do anything to stop it!

Is this a bug with Overgrowth for Linux or SUMLanucher for Linux or is it a problem with my Linux installation?

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64bit
Athlon X2 64 5200
Nvidia GT 240 1GB
2 GB Ram

maxer333

Post by maxer333 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:45 am

Hey everyone, i have a problem with this version... when its done downloading, i doubleclick it and then my window freezes and i cant close it, the installer doesnt even open. So i closed the window with task manager and reopend the "downloads" folder. Then i tried to move the installer but i couldnt do it because "consent.exe" was running, it is still running now! and nothing is happening... so i have no idea what to do D:

pleash help me :D?

ZNAG1066

Post by ZNAG1066 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:33 am

I recently pre ordered and downloaded this build, but whenever I try to load up a level for the first time it loads for a few seconds and then it says "unable to access My Documents/Wolfire/Overgrowth" and then the game crashes. However, when I boot the game back up and try to play the same level, it works fine...is anyone else experiencing this problem because it is kind of annoying to have to reboot the game every time I load a level.

Any help would be great! Thanks :D

moomoohk

Post by moomoohk » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:42 am

main_antagonist wrote:
atari235 wrote:How do I edit the level script? with what program do I open it, and what do I need to change?
... (.as means actionscript) ...
Not that significant, but in this case it stands for AngelScript.

Rhaedas

Post by Rhaedas » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:50 am

Semel wrote:Yay, first ever post on this forum :) shame it's with a problem :(

I've just downloaded Overgrowth for Linux the first time, I used the SUMLauncher and everything went okay until I tried to play the game. I started the Red Shards level and when it finished loading Turner was running in circles and the camera was dragging on the floor even through I was not touching either the mouse or the keyboard!

When I ESC to the level editor the camera instantly flies to the edge of the skybox and I an't do anything to stop it!

Is this a bug with Overgrowth for Linux or SUMLanucher for Linux or is it a problem with my Linux installation?

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64bit
Athlon X2 64 5200
Nvidia GT 240 1GB
2 GB Ram
The problem is likely that something is reading a controller or something else besides the keyboard that is connected to the game.

See here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=15582

MonkheyBoy

Post by MonkheyBoy » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:34 pm

Does anyone else get this?
Attachments
OG Error 1.png

bennyp

Post by bennyp » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:46 pm

I get horrendous framerates on most levels. On Red Shards, I get a pretty consistent 60 FPS. On Red Desert, I get 21-34. Other levels I get terrible framerates which make the game unplayable. The oddest thing is that entering slowmo usually quadruples the framerate. I'd love to know why that is.