blue screen

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
juzdeed

blue screen

Post by juzdeed » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:19 am

Hi after 20 min of playing the alfa my computer gets blue screen. can somone help me with the problem ? the blue screen says error memory dump

i run: asus evo motherbord, a geforce gtx570 i run amd phenom II x6 1075t 3,00GHz processor and 8GB ram so i think i should run the program with no worris.

purple_pixie

Re: blue screen

Post by purple_pixie » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:05 am

"memory dump" is not given as the cause of your blue screen.
It's just one of the things it does when it happens.

Somewhere nearer the top of your screen should be something more informative ...

last

Post by last » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:19 am

moved into SPF.
There may be a problem where your computer overheats and you get a blue screen.
Try to enable vsync in the config so it limits your frame rate.

Karel

Post by Karel » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:40 am

A blue screen is related in almost 90% cases to a memory problem - though among gamers it may vary as they tend to choose proper memory and have more overheating problems than the average joe.

Anyway BSOD almost never happens because of a game itself (Except for the famous boot.ini fail in EVE online maybe - CCP sure haves great coding skills) ....

Here's a list of common shit that could lead to a BSOD:

- driver related problems.
- hardware problems. Especially memory. Happens a lot with no name, low quality memory.
- Unstable CPU, but if you OC'd it you would know already
- High temps can start BSODs. If your video card is overheating, you may have freezes/artifacts and then BSOD. Though in most cases of overheating hardware, the OS (assuming you're using Windows but I'm sure the other does as well) will shutdown the PC automatically.
- Did I mention that most BSODs are caused by memory related problems?

If it's overheating:
It shouldn't. A good pc should work @ 100% CPU/GPU etc without overheating. This is however very common with laptops, whoever design them, I don't know what the fuck they're thinking, and they're doing it wrong. What's your PC btw?

Reinstall your drivers
Just in case

Check your memory
Different softwares are made for that - what kind of memory do you have?