Multiplayer - overgrowth?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Marksman46

Multiplayer - overgrowth?

Post by Marksman46 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:42 pm

I think that a very large part of any type of audience when looking for a new game is especially sold if a game has some type of multiplayer, competitive or cooperative, there should maybe be like vs. modes with different maps with weapons to find, then maybe game types with, only weapons, no weapons, deathmatches, team deathmatches, 1 V. 1, and maybe even superpowerered matches, and possibly as this game really begins to take shape with story elements, maybe cooperative missions, or co-op free roam, this is just an idea, but i think its a good one, feedback? :D

Dobott

Re: Multiplayer - overgrowth?

Post by Dobott » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:51 pm

I would love to see some form of multiplayer with this.

Rewjeo

Post by Rewjeo » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:03 pm

Everything (other than the story based missions and team deathmatch since it's only 2P) that you suggested is already in the game, or can easily be put in via the editor. You just need to plug a controller into your computer for second player. We may or may not get online multiplayer down the road, but for now you are stuck to using a controller

Marksman46

Post by Marksman46 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:29 am

Rewjeo wrote:Everything (other than the story based missions and team deathmatch since it's only 2P) that you suggested is already in the game, or can easily be put in via the editor. You just need to plug a controller into your computer for second player. We may or may not get online multiplayer down the road, but for now you are stuck to using a controller
I know and i have been enjoying the hell out of the game and even played with a few friends, but I mean like local server hosting or matchmaking? I was only saying that because thats what people wanna see, and though i would love to see features like that later on in the alpha/beta/full game, i could do without them, this was more of a... suggestion to the developers to let them know where this era has been and is still headed. i mean compare like the success of BF3 to like prototype 2, prototype was amazing, but people just don't like playing alone anymore, it doesn't matter how great the gameplay is. like today i showed my friend a gameplay of this game today on youtube and he was like "hows the multiplayer?" i said there wasnt any, and he decided to instantly never give the game a chance again.

Deadlyfluffball

Post by Deadlyfluffball » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:26 pm

Marksman46 wrote:
Rewjeo wrote:Everything (other than the story based missions and team deathmatch since it's only 2P) that you suggested is already in the game, or can easily be put in via the editor. You just need to plug a controller into your computer for second player. We may or may not get online multiplayer down the road, but for now you are stuck to using a controller
I know and i have been enjoying the hell out of the game and even played with a few friends, but I mean like local server hosting or matchmaking? I was only saying that because thats what people wanna see, and though i would love to see features like that later on in the alpha/beta/full game, i could do without them, this was more of a... suggestion to the developers to let them know where this era has been and is still headed. i mean compare like the success of BF3 to like prototype 2, prototype was amazing, but people just don't like playing alone anymore, it doesn't matter how great the gameplay is. like today i showed my friend a gameplay of this game today on youtube and he was like "hows the multiplayer?" i said there wasnt any, and he decided to instantly never give the game a chance again.

That`s a little dramatic...you could have told him the game was in the alpha stage and they might add it later on.

Marksman46

Post by Marksman46 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:03 pm

Deadlyfluffball wrote:
Marksman46 wrote:

That`s a little dramatic...you could have told him the game was in the alpha stage and they might add it later on.
i did and he still didnt wanna play it or even look at any gameplays? xD

kabage

Post by kabage » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:15 pm

i hope they come out with some little program for hosting a server, kinda like minecraft has. that way you could customize the way you wanna play and enjoy it with friends.

wfsw32

Post by wfsw32 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:57 pm

kabage wrote:i hope they come out with some little program for hosting a server, kinda like minecraft has. that way you could customize the way you wanna play and enjoy it with friends.
Yeah. If they make it so that we have to host it I think it should be fine. And modders will be able to make gametypes so that shouldn't be a problem.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:36 pm

wfsw32 wrote:
kabage wrote:i hope they come out with some little program for hosting a server, kinda like minecraft has. that way you could customize the way you wanna play and enjoy it with friends.
Yeah. If they make it so that we have to host it I think it should be fine. And modders will be able to make gametypes so that shouldn't be a problem.
This really doesn't solve anything, the issue still has to do with the time it takes to send information from one computer to another. That timing issue with any kind of PVP would make the game almost unplayable. As the devs have said many times, IF they do multiplayer, co-op would be the goal. Then from there, it wouldn't be necessary to have dedicated servers, and people should be able to host a game. (It would be small multiplayer games, 2-4 max people in a co-op game)

Beef Pop

Post by Beef Pop » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:30 pm

Not to wear out an old topic, but would the lag problem be helped at all by making the multiplayer matches LAN rather than fully online?

Also, I would love to see splitscreen modes implemented further. Playing side-by-side with people you know is far more fun (in my opinion) than playing with random bozos online.

Marksman46

Post by Marksman46 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:36 pm

Beef Pop wrote:Not to wear out an old topic, but would the lag problem be helped at all by making the multiplayer matches LAN rather than fully online?

Also, I would love to see splitscreen modes implemented further. Playing side-by-side with people you know is far more fun (in my opinion) than playing with random bozos online.
true, but you could have both, i dont see why you have to stick with either lan, splitscreen or online, why not have all of them, and i dont think it would matter, i mean if they limited to just a few people i dont see why online/lan would make a difference if you had good internet and a good computer? and it wouldnt be difficult to get lan AND multiplayer, i might be wrong, but id assume the coding isnt all that different? haha