Unofficial Overgrowth a186, weekly build

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Jaz
Location: Earth, Near The Sun, Milky Way, Universe, Time Loop

Re: Unofficial Overgrowth a186, weekly build

Post by Jaz » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:54 pm

The challenges are awesome.

One problem though: I have access to the editor. Will you be blocking access later on, as anyone could cheat?

last

Post by last » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:27 pm

Jaz wrote:The challenges are awesome.

One problem though: I have access to the editor. Will you be blocking access later on, as anyone could cheat?
This may work with you but i know how to cheat even when they disable editor mode. I open the challenge level .xml file and edit character parameters from there. So this means that there is no use to disable editor mode right now. You have to encrypt level files once they are saved as challenges. Even then there is a little possibility that someone hacks that challenge level file.

Domceck

Post by Domceck » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:38 pm

maddin45 wrote:
Domceck wrote:I get errors when loading a level. It says: "Could not load image file path/sandstone_bridge_w.tga" and with the cat stairs.
I have this since I updated.
It looks like sometimes Overgrowth tries to load .tga files as textures instead of the .dds files.
You could just add a dummy file, but this will probably cause some weird textureing. A better solution is to manually convert the .dds file into a .tga file.
For the conversion you can use Gimp (http://www.gimp.org/downloads/) with the dds-Plugin installed (http://code.google.com/p/gimp-dds/).
Just open the .dds texture (I think the full path is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfire\Overgrowth\Data\Textures\Environments\Land\sandstone_bridge_w.tga_converted.dds") and click Ok when the import-dialog of the Plugin pops up.
Then click shift+ctrl+e to export the image and save it as sandstone_bridge_w.tga to the same folder as the .dds texture.
That should do the trick!
I tried it and it worked. Thank you! (had to do 4 textures)

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:42 pm

Raiken wrote:As of this version (possibly the previous one as well, as I skipped that one), I'm getting exploding meshes (as in weird spikes and planes covering half the screen) originating from the wolf model, regardless of level. Anyone else getting this, or is it possible my screen card is dying? Odd that it's just the wolf model though, everything else is fine and dandy.
You have old cache files, which someone else pointed out you can clear by deleting a specific folder in your documents files. You can also use SUMLauncher to delete cache files (File Menu - Delete local files) and that will definitely fix your issue.
Domceck wrote:I get errors when loading a level. It says: "Could not load image file path/sandstone_bridge_w.tga" and with the cat stairs.
I'm looking into a more significant fix for this. For some reason, Overgrowth started creating a different type of cache file for these missing textures. There are some ways to work around it, and I might upload these additional cache files if we need them, but hoping that there might be a better fix than that.

maddin45

Post by maddin45 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:27 pm

Domceck wrote:
maddin45 wrote:
It looks like sometimes Overgrowth tries to load .tga files as textures instead of the .dds files.
You could just add a dummy file, but this will probably cause some weird textureing. A better solution is to manually convert the .dds file into a .tga file.
For the conversion you can use Gimp (http://www.gimp.org/downloads/) with the dds-Plugin installed (http://code.google.com/p/gimp-dds/).
Just open the .dds texture (I think the full path is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfire\Overgrowth\Data\Textures\Environments\Land\sandstone_bridge_w.tga_converted.dds") and click Ok when the import-dialog of the Plugin pops up.
Then click shift+ctrl+e to export the image and save it as sandstone_bridge_w.tga to the same folder as the .dds texture.
That should do the trick!
I tried it and it worked. Thank you! (had to do 4 textures)
You're welcome!
Anton wrote:
I'm looking into a more significant fix for this. For some reason, Overgrowth started creating a different type of cache file for these missing textures. There are some ways to work around it, and I might upload these additional cache files if we need them, but hoping that there might be a better fix than that.
For now, converting the files manually workes fine, you just need to what to do.
@Anton: Do you think we should create a thread with common bugs and hacks to solve them, or is this topic already covered by the "Bug reporting station"?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:36 pm

Anton wrote:
For now, converting the files manually workes fine, you just need to what to do.
@Anton: Do you think we should create a thread with common bugs and hacks to solve them, or is this topic already covered by the "Bug reporting station"?[/quote]

I don't think we need another thread, especially since this issue will hopefully only last for this build. Hopefully we'll get a real fix here soon.

Wolfboy8541

Post by Wolfboy8541 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:51 pm

The Challenges are great. It would be cool If you could counter two enemies at once.

eagle007

Post by eagle007 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:54 pm

After I updated from a184 to a186, none of the levels are loading. They all report a texture to be missing. The textures reported missing are different for each level, but each level keeps reporting the same missing texture, all of them ending in '_w.tga'.

I looked up the textures in the MacOS/Data/Textures folder, and they seem to be there, although in the converted DDS format.

I run MacOSX Lion 10.7.4 on a Macbook Pro i7 Quadcore, 8Gb RAM, Radeon 6750M 1Gb RAM gfx.

It happens with all the levels, the Wolfire ones as well as with the ones install using SUMLauncher

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:12 pm

For anyone missing textures, David posted this fix:

David wrote:Here is a test fix for Windows: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3236655/a186_i ... ix_win.zip
For Mac: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3236655/a186_i ... ix_mac.zip

The Windows version just replaces the existing Overgrowth.exe, and the Mac version needs to go in Overgrowth.app/Contents/MacOS

peoples2344

Post by peoples2344 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:55 pm

for some reason everytime i try to play a level int overgrowth when its loading the level it pops up with this error message says "Compiling void Situation::Notice(int)
ERR:situationawareness.as(47, 45) No matching signatures to
'CharacterScriptGetter::OnSameteam(string)'
Compiling void NotifySound(int, float, vec3
ERR:enemycontrol.as(102, 29) No matching signatures to
CharacterScriptGetter::OnSameTeam(string)' " Thats the error message it always gives me please help and that was it word for word and this has been happening since 185. so please help :|

last

Post by last » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:29 am

peoples2344 wrote:for some reason everytime i try to play a level int overgrowth when its loading the level it pops up with this error message says "Compiling void Situation::Notice(int)
ERR:situationawareness.as(47, 45) No matching signatures to
'CharacterScriptGetter::OnSameteam(string)'
Compiling void NotifySound(int, float, vec3
ERR:enemycontrol.as(102, 29) No matching signatures to
CharacterScriptGetter::OnSameTeam(string)' " Thats the error message it always gives me please help and that was it word for word and this has been happening since 185. so please help :|
I would like to ask you how did you update your alpha? I am asking you this because maybe you may get this error because you skipped an alpha when you updated manually.
You can try to install Original scripts folder again and then run the game.

peoples2344

Post by peoples2344 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:59 pm

I updated my overgrowth using the SUMlauncher

last

Post by last » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:50 pm

peoples2344 wrote:I updated my overgrowth using the SUMlauncher
OK. But did you tried to overwrite those scripts?

Domceck

Post by Domceck » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:03 pm

I have a suggestion.
Could you guys implement a "back" button for the challenges menu? Just in case someone rushes into the menu without second thought :-)

Neenjabeast

Post by Neenjabeast » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:33 pm

Is there a way that I can uninstall the Menu Mod without reinstalling the entire alpha? It's not that I have anything against the mod, I just don't use it very often and it just makes updating the Alpha builds take longer. Please answer, I've looked everywhere for ways to uninstall the mod and I can't find any.