so many BUGS!

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
stealthrebbel

so many BUGS!

Post by stealthrebbel » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:09 pm

This really is ridiculous im 16 and i payed 30 dollars for this game thats 3 hours work and it has so many bugs and problems, for one its very glitchy, some maps dont work becausesomething is missing, the community weapons dont work it just kicks me, ive lost all my menu maps after a186, and ive only played for about 3 hours all up, this is ridiculous instead of adding new things to the game like you do every week fix these game breaking bugs its just plain annoying, also the whole wolfire game buying system is extremely hard, i like the game, but its really not worth 30 dollars maybe like 15

Aleph

Re: so many BUGS!

Post by Aleph » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:24 pm

That's why the game is labeled as "Overgrowth Alpha" in the preorder page.

drfastfood

Post by drfastfood » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:27 pm

Hello welcome to alpha builds, you must be new here. Please be patient as conditions will improve over time.

BotheredMe

Post by BotheredMe » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:35 pm

Can't tell if trolling or a sincere effort at ripping on the efforts of Wolfire. Most levels won't work atm unless you replace the Overgrowth.exe with this vvv
Anton wrote:The fix is available here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=15959#p170981
Just an issue with the current update is all. As for the community weapons, I'll refer you to the SUM Launcher w/ Menu Mod which is a neat little thing that a) automatically updates your version of OG to the next available Alpha and b) allows easy access to the community's mods and weapons, which technically would be considered mods anyways. You'll find that here vvv

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14201

For your last comments, the Wolfire team does an excellent job in producing and sharing the newest version of Overgrowth every week. They don't simply add more and more features to the game and ignore game-breaking bugs; they also fix bugs in between. Next alpha, no one will be complaining about getting all of these errors because it will have been fixed. We've seen multiple game-breakers since I started playing back in December I think it was, all of which the development team has hastily created a quick fix to last us until the next version comes out. So be patient and ask questions. Don't create drama, create solutions :D

*EDIT* Also, seeing as you're are all new here, the forum appreciates people who are patient and offer sincere assistance when such a problem is present, whether it be a bug in overgrowth or another member's disingenuous assertions, as opposed to simply saying 'it's an alpha build; what'd you expect?' Just my two bits. Welcome to Overgrowth 8)