WEPON IDEAS!!!

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
arenter

WEPON IDEAS!!!

Post by arenter » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:43 am

I was thinking we could have a post suggesting new wepons for future uptades!

Also you could post ways the weapon is thrown, the way it hits things and so on.

I have a couple of ideas.

I was once playing and I threw a knife at a rabbit who hadn't been injured yet, the knife hit is HAND and it killed him?

Maybie a ninja pole :D held with 2 hands in the center

Like one of those things that death uses, what are they called again?

Maybie when your holding 2 wepons (1 in each hand) you would use BOTH of them not just 1

Any other ideas from you guys would be awesome :D

DECLAN FARRELL

Re: WEPON IDEAS!!!

Post by DECLAN FARRELL » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:08 am

its called a scythe that death uses and i like your complaint about the duel wielding, i think that the weapon in the left hand its controlled by clicking the right mouse button and the weapon in the right hand is controlled by clicking the left mouse button so its kinda like skyrim duel wielding and that u cant block either

Noz

Post by Noz » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:09 pm

DECLAN FARRELL wrote:its called a scythe that death uses and i like your complaint about the duel wielding, i think that the weapon in the left hand its controlled by clicking the right mouse button and the weapon in the right hand is controlled by clicking the left mouse button so its kinda like skyrim duel wielding and that u cant block either
Skyrim is mostly a first person timing and tactic based fighting game. Overgrowth is a timing and movement based fighting game. There are many differences between the two. Why not one mouse button and another for the left and right arm respectively? Both arm is able to reach and do damage to whoever is directly in front of you. Video game mechanics are supposed to compensate for the slowness of the human nervous system. I think we can all agree that quick-time events and such are terrible; But on the other hand, it's also not a good idea to turn Overgrowth into QWOP.

DECLAN FARRELL

Post by DECLAN FARRELL » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:23 am

yeah i supposed just that the duel wielding sucks i can only use 1 sword at a time

Scrumpeh

Post by Scrumpeh » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:33 pm

I'd like to see a halberd for those of you who don't know this is a halberd:
halberd_04.jpgf82f8a55-ca99-44d2-b826-c057d3e075c9Larger.jpg

tannim

Post by tannim » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:41 pm

A floppy fish weapon you could pick up from a cook fire in an emergency.

Thefuzzyman

Post by Thefuzzyman » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:39 pm

I think seeing a halberd would be pretty sweet.

I think a Katana would also be cool to see implemented, though it would not be really any special as far as weapon mechanics are concerned. A Daikatana, however, would be sure to cause some havoc! :D

DECLAN FARRELL

Post by DECLAN FARRELL » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:19 am

Just remember that's its one hit kill

human_dictionary
Location: united states of the united kingdom of teletubbyland

Post by human_dictionary » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:41 am

the problem is that a scythe is a tool, old farmers used them to cut the wheat at harvest time,and they look like this:
scythe1.jpg
scythe1.jpg (8.58 KiB) Viewed 1582 times
not this:
scythe2.jpg
scythe2.jpg (5.17 KiB) Viewed 1582 times
my point is that the blade is angled so that the farmer can stand straight while swing his hips to sway the scythe.

that would look awkward as a weapon because he would have to swing it very weirdly to get a downward slice, and a horizontal slice can only really try to chop off his foe's feet, which would be well armoured which negates the need to swing at his feet.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:14 pm

Scythe + smith = weapon.

Smiths are OP. Also, smiths are everywhere, because someone has to make the nails you need to build a house. Well, you can actually make a house without nails with the proper tools. Metal tools. Which need repairs. Which still means smiths are everywhere.