Huge slowdowns with ragdoll?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Raicuparta

Huge slowdowns with ragdoll?

Post by Raicuparta » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:37 pm

Every time ragdoll physics come into play, the framerate goes down hard, to probably 5 or 6 FPS. Is this expected for the beta or is it not normal?

My system is very outdated but handles the game well except for these particular occasions:
Core2 Duo 2.20GHz, 4GB Ram DDR3, Radeon HD 4650

Commonfable

Re: Huge slowdowns with ragdoll?

Post by Commonfable » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:00 pm

I have a brand new system with Intel Core i5 and Radeon HD 6870 and i experience the same thing. The game is only in alpha so it is a problem that should be fixed in the future.

Sanocon

Post by Sanocon » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:19 pm

yea its the alpha, because i got an Intel 8 core proccesser and a GeForce GT 330M, hopefully they will fix the ragdoll programing to make it take less memory. i think thats what the problom is.

NoSkillz

Post by NoSkillz » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:54 pm

The ragdoll mechanics seem to slow my computer down the most out of almost everything. Dragging around a body drops my framerate even lower. Remember that the game is still in alpha and major improvements with the mechanics can still be made.

milkdose

Post by milkdose » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:57 pm

Yeah I experience this as well, it particularly worsens when I'm near a lot of objects, like a big building or something. It also happens with NPC's and drops the frame rate once again. It shouldn't be doing this with my PC specs. But it's alright, the suicide button still works so I'm happy :twisted: