Compatible PS3 controllers.

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
james7100

Compatible PS3 controllers.

Post by james7100 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:59 pm

So as many people may know, you can use a standard CPU gaming controller with Overgrowth. The PS3 controller is similar enough to use. I don't if its' just me, but my analog sticks do not work when I try and use a PS3 controller on my laptop. I have to use the directional buttons to play Overgrowth AND i cannot turn the camera. Does anyone know how I might be able to fix the analog sticks to work on my laptop? (All the other buttons work fine though.) Please help.

Shadow207B2

Re: Compatible PS3 controllers.

Post by Shadow207B2 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:42 pm

Well, i use DS3 Tool, AKA Motioninjoy
I just set it to Xbox Controller Emulator.

You see, the PS3 controller is not configured for games, such as Overgrowth.
Games that have controllers enabled, are configured for Xbox controllers, with Motioninjoy, it will trick the game into thinking its a Xbox controller, with basically the same exact keys, in the same exact place.

But it will still say stuff like "Press 'A' to jump" or whatever, instead of 'X' and so on, but its easy enough to get a hold of.

james7100

Post by james7100 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:46 pm

Thanks, Im gonna try and see if it works. I still dont know why the joysticks wont move when Im calibrating it. If you dont know what I mean, Im talking about when I go to devices and printers on my computer and look at the options from my controller. When you press a button the buttons number lights up. The joystick icon dosent move when I move it. Thanks Ill try motion joy.

ninjaalpacaofdoom

Post by ninjaalpacaofdoom » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:43 pm

If you use the ps3 usb cable that connects to the ps3, it will work. However, the controls are unkown other than I found left analog moves you, like always, and dpad up is crouch/roll/flip (strange) and left dpad is jump. Right analog only looks up and down but not left to right, left and right is attack and block and I BELIEVE that everything else is useless, so a little disappointment I guess. Note: you must activate it first, this will turn your ps3 on (duh) but thats ok, just turn it off, connect it to the computer through the cable, then turn it on, if its blinking slowly its working. hope I helped. (this is without any software.)