What would you like to see added to overgrowth

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
flyaway123

What would you like to see added to overgrowth

Post by flyaway123 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:54 am

This game is brilliant fullstop. But what i think would be cool --> is (if multiplayer version is ever released) a big map with lots of quests and player made story lines (quests could be made by mods of that particular server), as well as maybe a economy for e.g. buying weapons or armour/clothing? Or guild halls/houses. I also like being able to customise my character in games with race, features and clothing, so i think it would be cool to beable to create your own characters, it would be nice to have skill points in different types of fighting to make each player unique which makes fighting really intresting and varied and also to have skills in other things like aerobatics or sneak.

EDIT: It would be cool if you wore a rucksack and that gave you access to a inventory of somesort where you could store items.

lightanddarknesspup

Re: What would you like to see added to overgrowth

Post by lightanddarknesspup » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:38 am

That would be awesome.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:23 pm

No offense, but that's like requesting that Overgrowth should be Minecraft and a plane simulator.

Overgrowth is an action game, and those features sound like an MMO game. Designing an MMO with economy and world and st8uff is quite different from designing an action game. You are free to dream about Overgrowth MMO, and you're not the only one, but don't hold your breath.

flyaway123

Post by flyaway123 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:33 pm

Touche to that comment;

It did sound very mmo-ish, but i have to say this games combat is brilliant, and maybe its not going to go that way, but if multi-player is ever set up i would set up a server hosting a quest/economy system.

Black_Stormy

Post by Black_Stormy » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:02 pm

Nothing stopping you from modding this in. There is already hotspots. You could set them up to trigger when quests are activated/completed, and you could create a new global variable that tracks levelling. These variables would then be tied to things like attack damage and speed, jump fuel etc. In fact pretty much all of what you just suggested is able to be modded in right now.

So get to it.

flyaway123

Post by flyaway123 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:39 pm

But that means hours of work and i got school work to compete with that! Anyway i haven't modded for a long time, i was just interested in what people wanted. I feel like i can hear a *whip crack*!!!!!

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:56 pm

School work?
lolol

Disregard School. Mod Overgrowth.
That's going to do more to get you a job in game development anyways.

flyaway123

Post by flyaway123 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:18 pm

lol.

As much as i want to
A) I would have to re-cap my modding and
B) School work not done= detention= less time on OG= :(

But hint hint nudge nudge to any modder reading this who hasn't got alot of school work! ^_^

CrazzyAzn

Post by CrazzyAzn » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:48 pm

For game mechanics, what I'd like to see is lots of customization and different fighting styles (animations) maybe 2 different styles each race? I always look for individuality in games, and I think aesthetic customization (clothes, weapons, etc), just for looks, would get positive output for sure and fighting styles could really set people apart, although I don't know about balancing issues between fighting styles.

Story-wise, I think it'd be cool to have quests that lead you to a high multitude of locations: caves, tiny villages, grand cities, expansive meadow (like Grass Beach, I really like that map :wink: ) and what I always adored in video games; a hidden monastery built on the cliff side of a snowy mountain. I know all of this can be modded and added by players, but to clarify, I would want it integrated into the main story for variety in the richest of the lore :mrgreen: of course if this is already planned you can disregard this.

Also, I understand all of this would take lots and lots of work. Just my 2 cents, if the developers see this.

Penaloza1337

Post by Penaloza1337 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:41 pm

This is starting to remind me of Sumotori dreams, I wish there was multiplayer. Becuase people can make maps where it's a team of two. So I Think multiplayer would be great. :mrgreen: :D :)

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:01 am

Korban3 wrote:School work?
lolol

Disregard School. Mod Overgrowth.
That's going to do more to get you a job in game development anyways.
Depends on the school. I'm currently in a school where I have to do 3D sculpts and models and drawing and games and shaders as schoolwork.

flyaway123

Post by flyaway123 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:26 am

Well, pff forget school mod overgrowth ;) we all know which is more importent... Overgrowth of course :p

SleepyMcGee

Post by SleepyMcGee » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:31 am

I don't know how practical the whole mmo thing is, but I absolutely agree some sort of rpg elements should be included in the final game. Things as simple as effecting the already adjustable character parameters, attack speed, block skill, ect. Also those deadly laser eyes make me hold out hope for some sort of magic, but instead of just obliterating everything in front of you, spells could do more balanced things like temporarily stunning or slowing an opponent.

razor871

Post by razor871 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:21 am

Hmmm... Lets see... I think the download for overgrowth should possibly download faster, There could also be old medieval crossbows/bows and there should be more realistic damage and injury animations such as: when an enemy/player gets hit in a specific way they will stumble back and if a enemy/player get (fatally) injured but still tries to move they will be limping or take a tiny amount of damage in the process.
One final thing I would like to add is that if an enemy is near death or cant stand up anymore they will try to crawl and grab the player and enemies should be able to have limbs cut off, bye! 8)

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:19 am

A game can't be everything.

Would WOW be better if it was also a racing simulation where the current weather affected the way your tires react to the ground, making the choice of tires a tactical decision? No. It doesn't make it better at being World of Warcraft. It makes it WoW, and a racing game, both.

Overgrowth should become more like Overgrowth.