Overgrowth Machinima - Voice Actors Wanted

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
D-man

Re: Overgrowth Machinima - Voice Actors Wanted

Post by D-man » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:27 am

Finally, finally I have finished the recording of everything using the first map. That means i have finished all of the recording necessary for the first episode and a little for the second episode. I can now update my overgrowth (I'm 6 alpha's behind) and the Sum Launcher. I can also look into mods to help with the recording and I can now use overgrowth without 3 frames per second (since the level had so much in it). I got to the point where I couldn't calculate lighting or even save the level so I am glad I am past that.

So this all means that I need any potential voice actors to contact me ASAP if they want to get in the first wave of voice actors. I will be assigning voice actors soon as well as organizing and editing the video. I still really need a female voice actor.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:23 am

D-man wrote:for voice i will be using the v button a lot. I know the mouth remains open after 'v' is pressed, but it still makes it easier to see who is talking.
If you use the pain ragdoll the mouth closes again. Of course, that might be problematic if you need characters to stay in place.
I'll post my files soon, probably by the weekend. My recording device is being repaired. Again. I think I'm going to get a new one if this keeps happening. Never had a a piece of hardware with so many software errors.

moomoohk

Post by moomoohk » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:07 pm

D-man wrote:for voice i will be using the v button a lot. I know the mouth remains open after 'v' is pressed, but it still makes it easier to see who is talking.
I can't imagine modding the time that the mouth stays open is too hard.

D-man

Post by D-man » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:43 pm

moomoohk wrote:
I can't imagine modding the time that the mouth stays open is too hard.
If you press 'v' a couple of times the mouth closes for a little while so I have been using that as well for it. Since I was recording everything 10x slower and I didn't have voice actor recordings there is no way I could have anticipated the length. Though when I get the recordings from the voice actors I will try and fit the animation to their voice as best I can.

Now that I finished with using an older Overgrowth I can look at modding things like that.

NekoStar

Post by NekoStar » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:31 pm

Voice reel sent! XD
Let's see how this goes! :3

vallejo18

Post by vallejo18 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:27 pm

So i guess i didn't get a part? I was one of the 1st to send emails. In case you have not recieved it, http://ogmods.antonriehl.com/downloads. ... dition.zip

NekoStar

Post by NekoStar » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:03 pm

Just wait! ^^ I'm sure they'll mention who got parts. I'm sure it's a lot of work organizing it.

arenter

Post by arenter » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:07 pm

Id be pleased to help with any story writing in later episodes, i am experienced with writing out story's. if you need any help in future just PM me :wink:

NekoStar

Post by NekoStar » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:07 pm

arenter wrote:i am experienced with writing out story's. if you need any help in future just PM me :wink:
No offense mate, but it doesn't take an English major to spot a few errors here. I'm no pro writer either, but as someone offering a hand in 'writing,' you may want to polish up on your grammar, spelling, and punctuation. :3 Just a friendly word, sorry if it came across as rude!

Valteria

Post by Valteria » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:36 pm

I would totally be down for some voice acting.
My youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/BulletSickness

:D :D :D :D :D

D-man

Post by D-man » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:20 pm

I have just picked all of the voice actors for the characters in episode 1 except for Toren and Toren's Mum. If you haven't been picked please do not feel disappointed as there are still quite a few characters that will need voice acting in the future. I haven't chosen any of the bandits or wolves so there are positions for that. I am going to start getting voice actors to start recording soon.

I am always looking for voice actors and in particular I really need a older female voice for the mum and a younger (15-21) male voice for Toren.

NekoStar

Post by NekoStar » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:39 pm

Woo! :3 Progress!

shadow1w2

Post by shadow1w2 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:21 am

I would be down for a little voice acting. I'm nothing great but I'd love to give it a shot.
My best examples are from my podcast at http://www.bitloaders.com though its just my casual voice I can manage a few others and some accents sometimes. Again not good but not horrible? xD

So if there are any slots available lemme know.

I have a young sounding voice and I can't do very low or high notes.
So I fit well with mid sized characters and less serious types in general.

I suppose I'm a bit late but lemme know if theres room in later episodes etc.
Also if for some strange reason there's a Cheetah character in there sometime I want that one.
Cheetahs are awesome, ahem...

Halythwalrus

Post by Halythwalrus » Fri May 10, 2013 7:21 pm

I'm quite interested in this! I could be a voice actor or really whatever you need. I have a low male voice.

Thanks!

NekoStar

Post by NekoStar » Wed May 29, 2013 2:22 am

Bumping so hopefully OP comes back. =_=

I got the part of one of the characters and haven't heard anything in a while. :I