What you expect/want Overgrowth to be?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
baldwinkids6

What you expect/want Overgrowth to be?

Post by baldwinkids6 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:30 am

I would like to know your opinion of what Overgrowth in your opinion should become?
MMO. RPG. Puzzle. Open World. Adventure ect. Do you see it as something like Zelda or Assassins creed or Something like Portal 2 What do you want Overgrowth to become?

So please tell me id like to know what you all expect in the end Thanks!:Aren

arenter

Re: What you expect/want Overgrowth to be?

Post by arenter » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:03 am

baldwinkids6 wrote:I would like to know your opinion of what Overgrowth in your opinion should become?
MMO. RPG. Puzzle. Open World. Adventure ect. Do you see it as something like Zelda or Assassins creed or Something like Portal 2 What do you want Overgrowth to become?

MMO? No, that wouldn't work.

RPG? Possible, but probably still a bad idea.

Puzzle? how about... No.

Open world? Possible, I like that one, but probably no.

Now, Adventure... That's a good idea.

Zelda? I haven't played that (don't hate on me) but I have watched people play it. NO.

Asassins Creed? The game is already half that so, I'd give it a yes.

Portal 2? Oh yeah, I totally see turner holding a portal gun and running around (sarcasm)

So in the end, I'm going for an open world parkour adventure game!!! 8)

Don't hate on me, just my point of view :D

ARENTER AWAYYYYYYYY...

ouch hit a pole

baldwinkids6

Post by baldwinkids6 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:40 pm

I agree thats probably what its going to be but i would like to see some other things in it as well. I love how long Zelda is I would like to see that in Overgrowth I would also like lots of items like in Zelda and I would also like to see more stealth like in Assassins Creed in Overgrowth.

Art2beGuru

Post by Art2beGuru » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:55 pm

Immediately sorry for my English!

I would like something that would have Overgrowth remained Overgrowth. I would like to see in the game small villages and large cities, the camp of bandits, secret location and Parking travellers, the abandoned temples and much more...

I guess this means that to get the best there is in the RPG, stealth and Adventure games. And most importantly the story interesting and varied gameplay.

I understand that this is all vague and too many expectations of the indie games, but I do see the game.

baldwinkids6

Post by baldwinkids6 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:03 pm

That would be nice but it depends on the story line will Turner be going to place to place tracking down raiders like in Lugaru? thats what Im hoping for but David & Aubrey might have something else planned?

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:49 pm

but secret locations aren't a bad idea. i hope that exploration would be rewarded in the final game. i also hope that there'll be a much quicker way to cut holes in the terrain, like you can just click where to cut the hole.

nutcracker

Post by nutcracker » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:39 am

baldwinkids6 wrote:I would like to know your opinion of what Overgrowth in your opinion should become?

Everything, because the game is completely moddable and therefore all of those can be pushed into reality (except for the mmo thing, that would just be hard and silly).

baldwinkids6

Post by baldwinkids6 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:31 pm

Very true but I think we all have something we expect from the game without mods?

Noz

Post by Noz » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:51 pm

baldwinkids6 wrote:Very true but I think we all have something we expect from the game without mods?
Yeah, I'm expecting a combat based, level by level, action/stealth/puzzle/exploration game with a linear plot line as revealed by nearly every single alpha video and blog post. There's no reason to speculate on what the game will be like; the developers have already told us multiple times.

Coincidence

Post by Coincidence » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:46 am

I want Overgrowth to be a delicious taco. But I know it won't be a delicious taco. So I am settling instead for a vanilla jelly bean. But I know it won't be that either.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:58 pm

I expect Overgrowth will taste like candy corn and smell like perfume.

turbochop

Post by turbochop » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:50 am

What I wonder is this: How does the comic tie into it? That dog whose hand was chopped off, his story was left wide open, will he make an appearance? He becomes leader of that group of bandits, what comes of that? Will we find out in the game? Will you meet up with Janner at some point? It's still too early to know for sure.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:28 pm

The comic was mostly just for practice on storytelling, but it would be cool if you found one of the characters like the sword maker in a part. Maybe the sword maker could make a sword for Turner.

Sala

Post by Sala » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:10 pm

Overgrowth is looking like it would be a great platform for an MMO. I don't see why some people are simply throwing that idea out of the window.

Not only does it have a very fast pace, skill based combat system. But it allows for things like items (and hopefully armors in the future) to be independent from skill; that is, you're rabbit/wolf/bot/cat (whatever class you choose) will have some basic stats, but the MMO would be about getting better at the game's combat, forging some sort of village/town/clan/guild/alliance and maintaining regional superiority.

Its actually really exciting to think about different villages popping up on a large map and the world being split up into these zones and stuff. I think this game is so versatile though and can be anything.
But I think without Multiplayer it can't go that far.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:37 pm

Sala wrote:Overgrowth is looking like it would be a great platform for an MMO. I don't see why some people are simply throwing that idea out of the window.
It's thrown out of the window because it's suggested way too much.