Update weekly

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
arenter

Update weekly

Post by arenter » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:46 am

I know all the stuff about OG about how they are only going to announce an uptake if its significant, but that kind if irritates me. One of the cool things about OG was the fact that it updated weekly... I partly got OG because of this, and then POOF no more uptades for weeks on end. And yes, I understand its a game, and games are hard to work on. But then how did they do it before? And obviously this thread won't change a thing, but I'm just putting my opinion down.

Now have a look at this this message it is in every update:
A "leaked build" is when John and I grab the latest SVN build and package it up for you guys. It has a ton of known bugs, so don't worry if it doesn't work for you. It is not condoned by David and Aubrey but we want to keep you guys in the loop and give you stuff to play with regularly!... WHAT THE $&@??! $&@@?$! $&//, REGULARLY THIS IS NOT $&@@?$! REGULARLY THIS IS EVERY $&@??! $&@@?$! 5 WEEKS OR EVEN MORE

So other than the significance why did the uptades go? And how could they do it before? :|

Thanks, Arenter

Arenter awayyyyyyyy

Ouch hit a pole

Aaron

Re: Update weekly

Post by Aaron » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:32 am

David decided to start focusing on aspects of the game that would not cause major visible changes (they are still important, however!). This doesn't mean that the game isn't being worked on - it just means that (for the moment at least) there are not enough gameplay-affecting changes week to week to warrant a new build.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Re: Update weekly

Post by Anton » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:13 pm

I think some things have changed since they released that statement about unofficial builds... the main thing being, they have a mostly stable, playable game. Also, after Jeff and John formed Humble Bundle, they were less available to make videos, and package up the game. So, part of the problem was that David decided to start actively participating in that portion of the weekly work. This also meant that he lost a day of coding, by making a video, that used to be made by someone else. We had many weeks in a row earlier this year, where he was mostly working on non-user focused elements, and people complained that it seemed like no progress was being made as well. But, as Aaron mentioned, he is still working hard on the game, and what they have planned coming up will be significant, and worth the wait. (Maybe not the next update... but soon... it takes time)