Future plans

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
K104

Future plans

Post by K104 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:54 am

I was just wondering if some of the aspects of Lugaru that aren't a part of Overgrowth yet, will be. Like for example, counter an enemy with a weapon. Don't get me wrong, I love Overgrowth, but you seem so helpless when ever there's more than 2 enemies, or if an enemy has a weapon. I'll admit, I'm not all that good, but even then it seems like it'd be hard for someone who is really good. Also, you guys should drop in your ideas on what you think should add to the game's ever growing content.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Re: Future plans

Post by Constance » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:25 pm

You can dodge an attack from a sword and then attack the enemy then, but they might block, making weapons pretty unbalanced.

zzwerty

Post by zzwerty » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:21 am

Timbles wrote:You can dodge an attack from a sword and then attack the enemy then, but they might block, making weapons pretty unbalanced.
Yeah I don't really see how they manage to block you after just swinging a huge sword straight down at the ground lol. Dodging is real difficult too.

Retarded Username

Post by Retarded Username » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:48 am

zzwerty wrote: Yeah I don't really see how they manage to block you after just swinging a huge sword straight down at the ground lol. Dodging is real difficult too.
Is dodging player driven? I did not know that. I'm always like: "oh shit, oh shit, OH SH- wait... I dodged! So much luck!"
I suppose that characters with such big weapons should be stripped of nimble-ish movement, like rolls, jumping real far and high, (you can't grab ledges, that's an advance) throwing slower attacks i.e: kicks and punches.
Hell, even if they fail at hitting the target the sword may get stuck on a surface, a wall or the ground.

On an unrelated note: As of now your post count is 404: Posts not found, heh

Surak

Post by Surak » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:48 pm

Yes, dodging is player driven. Tap W/A/S/D at the right time.

Jellydonut

Post by Jellydonut » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:10 pm

In reality, if you're fighting off some dude with a foot-thick sword, you're probably gonna get owned. But the speed in OG that that dude can move is insane.
It would also be nice to make the dodging easier....