Next alpha when?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
TheCruzmeister

Next alpha when?

Post by TheCruzmeister » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:59 am

It's getting close to two months now since the last alpha. Are you guys totally changing all the underlying code of the game or adding so much stuff and you are waiting for a massive update? I'm just curious, please take as much time as you need.

David
Project Leader

Re: Next alpha when?

Post by David » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:54 am

More the first option -- I've been doing some major refactoring and build system changes, which should make further progress go more smoothly. This part is pretty much done for now, so we should have some new test builds soon.

DumbLemon

Post by DumbLemon » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:12 am

David wrote:More the first option -- I've been doing some major refactoring and build system changes, which should make further progress go more smoothly. This part is pretty much done for now, so we should have some new test builds soon.
So fixing errors basicly?

human_dictionary
Location: united states of the united kingdom of teletubbyland

Post by human_dictionary » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:08 pm

no, re-writing the whole engine. they have done quite a bit already, but its much more than bug fixing. indeed bugs are the least of their worries at the moment, thats for beta and release

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:25 pm

Yeah, the pre-alpha build points towards there being MORE bugs now, rather than less.

ColloseusX

Post by ColloseusX » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:22 pm

Hi David, any chance of a simple multiplayer implementation, similar to the multiplayer that is already in place but replace the other character with an internet client?

Thanks

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:20 am

ColloseusX wrote:Hi David, any chance of a simple multiplayer implementation, similar to the multiplayer that is already in place but replace the other character with an internet client?

Thanks
"simple multiplayer" - I don't think this exists.

Aside from that, multiplayer is something the team has said they want to experiment with, but I wouldn't hold your breath for anything soon. Chances are, if they do anything, you'll see little pieces of it being added piece by piece. The first thing that would be cool would be just to see two players at the same time.
And as much as I want to see this myself, the focus of the game will probably remain on the single player aspect until that is closer to finished.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:20 am

ColloseusX wrote:Hi David, any chance of a simple multiplayer implementation, similar to the multiplayer that is already in place but replace the other character with an internet client?

Thanks
It doesn't work like that. Imagine this:

"Hi mechanic, any chance of adding a simple set of driving wheel and pedals to my car? It'd be similar to the driving wheel that is pointing forward, but this would be facing backwards."

Adding a driving wheel and pedals isn't that hard, but making them actually work may require changing all kinds of stuff in the engine.