How good of a Gladiator Are you?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Manjarowolf

How good of a Gladiator Are you?

Post by Manjarowolf » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:05 am

I want to just say that the new Gladiator procedural level is up and it is awesome. It really test your metal and reflexes; especially those hooded rabbit. I got to difficulty 6.3549 before I was jumped by 4 hooded brown rabbits(that sounds so racist when I think that to myself..). But seriously, those hooded ones are Rabbit Ninja Gods!! Do they even FEEL pain???

My experiences with them:
1 hooded: Mild problem :)
2 hooded: Very possible threat :|
3 hooded:This doesn't seem favorable. :(
4 hooded: WHAT DID YOU DO??!?!?! :shock:

How high in the ranks did you all make it before it all came crashing down upon your weak feeble Lagomorph bodies? That mean without losing. record the difficult level and we can use this thread as a makeshift "leaderboard". Also record some footage or some bloopers if you will. it'll be fun to watch your displeasure. :lol:

EDIT: I've decided to make a challenge of it. Who ever reaches lvl 50, lvl 75, lvl 100 respectively get 3rd, 2nd, and 1st place.

**Going over lvl 50 but dying before lvl 75 will result in automatic 3rd place. Anyone who succeeds your score will take the place. this goes for lvl 100 (100+) and lvl 75(76-99)

**Leg cannon can only be used 10 times throughout.

**going overly ten by 1 but reaching lvl 100 will result in an automatic 3rd place rank. going over by 1 before reaching lvl 75 is no rank(kick wisely)

**Using leg cannon more than that results in a disqualification.

I want to see if anyone will actually do this, lol. and you need VIDEO proof to show it. good luck MUWHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *ahem* sorry.

@nd EDIT: Ok guys, I meant without cheating. or hitting the lightining "f" key. Do I really have to point that out? Alright then.

*Only Turner can be used! Only exceptional substitute is the rabbit civilian(thank you Nexzu for reminding me).
*No Zapping through the level. it auto disqualifies you.
*No mods other than mods that don't affect gameplay(such as the "bloody" mod, and 1st person camera mod. don't know who'd use that though). Any mods that "steroid" you(more power, flight, invincibility, insta-kill, etc.) will result in an automatic disqualification.
*Only base Overgrowth specs qualify. No mods(Just for those who need a repeat)
*You still need video footage. Claiming to have done it without proof won't gain you anything. I'm a man of science. *adjust monocle*

Anything not clear enough just let me know down below.

P.S. "Top me and i'll find you and kill you if multiplayer is ever added." :twisted:
With sincere love,
~Wolfie
Last edited by Manjarowolf on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

EPR89

Re: How good of a Gladiator Are you?

Post by EPR89 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:07 am

I somehow managed to make it to somewhere around 5.3.
I still suck at fighting multiple opponents. One on one I am always pretty calm, picking my shots, playing around with the distance. As soon as there are multiple opponents I get as hectic there as if I had a real rabbits metabolism. It's only:
DODGE!
*panic*
FRONT KICK!
*Panic*
RUUUUN!
*PANIC*
FRONT KICK!

*P̵̢͍͈͈͎ͦĄ̻͇͇̳͈̯̦̺̊̈́ͯN̢̺͍̮͈̠̗̰͍̦ͪ͐́̀I̵̪̖̘̭͍̗͆͗͂ͭ͡͡C͇̩͍͉͓̞ͩͅ*

AAAAAAAAHHH!
*dies*

EDIT: Can't seem to get anywhere close to that value again. :lol: 4.6 is my maximum.
But I played it fair. You could easily get one legcannon in at the very beginning.
Last edited by EPR89 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fatexx544

Post by fatexx544 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:15 pm

I can only make it to 3. I am not terribly good (though I have been playing Lugaru more recently, and the control scheme is just different enough to mess with me).

I agree that fighting multiple enemies is hard. In general I follow the simple ruleset:
  • 1. RUN IN CIRCLES!
    2. Kick whoever is in front - hope I don't get grabbed/blocked.
    3. Repeat as necessary, or until I am dead.
On the bright side I have noticed that enemies back away if I jump (fear the rabbit kick!).

I have also noticed two enemy types, mostly in relation to my above strategy:
  • 1. Enemies who don't use sweep kick. The above strategy works because I can cancel out of any grabs, and as long as I stick to roundhouse/standard kicks I can win engagements.

2. Enemies who do use sweep kick. They kill me, especially in groups. I can't roll out until I hit the ground, at which point they typically have already kicked me in the head.
I can sometimes beat the latter type of enemy if I use the normal kick, but it is hard to stop and perform a normal kick when running from a group of enemies.

Either way, it is a fun mode. I need to improve my reaction times, thought.

Advance123

Post by Advance123 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:24 pm

This is a great mode. My highest difficulty level is 10.something (well, I did use a maybe sort of cheaty method...). My highest is probably 4.something.

The method I used to reach 10 isn't just lightning everything surprisingly. I slow-mo'd, jumped then leg cannoned every enemy :?

akazi

Post by akazi » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:31 pm

My best so far is difficulty 4 until either I die or the game crashes for some reason when I'm doing good. :evil:

a_clockwork_tophat

Post by a_clockwork_tophat » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:00 pm

My highest is 15.1 so hard. :lol:

Manjarowolf

Post by Manjarowolf » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:26 pm

akazi wrote:My best so far is difficulty 4 until either I die or the game crashes for some reason when I'm doing good. :evil:
That's me. Stopping you from advancing past my score. :twisted: Dire consequences if you succeed.

a_clockwork_tophat wrote:My highest is 15.1 so hard.
I call hacks. :lol:

Honestly, I've gotten a bit higher since my last time. :)

akazi

Post by akazi » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:35 pm

Manjarowolf wrote:
akazi wrote:My best so far is difficulty 4 until either I die or the game crashes for some reason when I'm doing good. :evil:
That's me. Stopping you from advancing past my score. :twisted: Dire consequences if you succeed.

a_clockwork_tophat wrote:My highest is 15.1 so hard.
I call hacks. :lol:

Honestly, I've gotten a bit higher since my last time. :)
My new record is difficulty 5.9 something, almost 6 but fighting 3 hard enemy's is almost impossible. ALMOST. I have done it before it's just hard.

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:05 pm

i would put no using mods in your rules if it is not in there (i might have over looked it).
i completed your challenge but i used my own custom animated and powered attacks.
so my question is if i make a video of that do i still win or do i loose for modding?

akazi

Post by akazi » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:58 pm

I just topped you OP, I got to 6.5 difficulty now my hand hurts a bit.

Parco Folgore

Post by Parco Folgore » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:14 pm

i pressed f, now im at 25

well, anyway, my record so far is 5.somerandomnumber

btw, when above 20, anyone can onehit you like they were a wolf

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:15 pm

Parco Folgore wrote:well, anyway, my record so far is 5.somerandomnumber
Basically my record, too.
I might've gotten to 6, but probably not.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:36 pm

I just reached to level 7, through many tedious drop kicking and dodging and jabbing.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:45 pm

I've also reached level 10 by doing nothing but drop kicks. Now, if I make a mistake; I'm doomed.

EDIT: Now I'm in level 16.

Manjarowolf

Post by Manjarowolf » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:23 pm

akazi wrote:I just topped you OP, I got to 6.5 difficulty now my hand hurts a bit.
Congratulations. You win the honor of knowing I got to 7.578 4 hours ago. Enjoy.