Deleting all of the maps?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
coffeeaddict1969

Deleting all of the maps?

Post by coffeeaddict1969 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:15 pm

Since the addition of SUMLauncher 3, I realized I don't want all of the maps. I attempted to uninstall them. After deleting 3-4 I realized how long it would take, do to the fact it bounced back up to the top every single time, I wanted to pick a few out to keep. So, my question is, is there a simpler way to deleting all of these additional maps? Also without risking deleting the default maps?

akazi

Re: Deleting all of the maps?

Post by akazi » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:30 pm

No way to delete all the maps at once yet, you can double-click them and they will uninstall them faster or if you haven't installed them it will install by doing the same thing. There is no way to delete the default map on the SUMlauncher. Unless you mean the bonus dev maps.

coffeeaddict1969

Post by coffeeaddict1969 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:32 pm

It doesn't have to be through SUMLauncher, if it would be easier would be willing to go into the Overgrowth folder and just delete all of the installed mod maps.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:24 pm

Well, I did it by uninstalling Overgrowth, deleting anything that was left and that I didn't want to keep manually and re-installing Overgrowth.
Call it brute force, but it worked. Of course, that erases all modded content that you don't backup.

You could go into the Data/Custom folder and work your way through the levels there. But I think using the Data Browser is easier, because from there it takes only two clicks.
EDIT: And - as can be read below - it also screws with your SUMLauncher, so don't do it.
Last edited by EPR89 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:43 pm

coffeeaddict1969 wrote:It doesn't have to be through SUMLauncher, if it would be easier would be willing to go into the Overgrowth folder and just delete all of the installed mod maps.
If you delete the files outside of SUMLauncher, SUMLauncher will not work properly.

You can delete installed maps by hitting the 'Enter' key in the Community Content Browser when they are selected, which should speed things up a bit.

We're going to work on updates to improve SUMLauncher, but since I am a full time student with a job, I can't guarantee any sort of timeframe. I promise I'll do my best though!