Eventual Update Questions

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
ncjm

Eventual Update Questions

Post by ncjm » Sun May 19, 2013 10:36 am

So, I have been thinking. There aren't any threads like this one, so I decided to make one. It is for questions about what will happen to Overgrowth in the future. A few things come to mind when I create random maps and fill them up with giant whale-men. Basically, I think it would be cool to see what the devs have in store for the future.

I'll start off the thread with a few questions of mine. Please number your questions if you have multiple ones, and put spoilers if you insert an image.

1. In the near future when Overgrowth is "finished", will there ever get to be a console port? This questions has been boggling me for a while. Quotes on finished because I'm sure there will still be content updates after the final release. I feel that doing a console port may have a great advantage when it comes to selling points. The cross platform games that I know seem to get more players than the games that are just on pc or console.

2. If Overgrowth does in fact reach a "finished" status, is Wolfire going to continue doing constant updates, or will they begin construction of a new game?

Now this thread is just for fun. In creating it I do not imagine the devs joining in and actually giving answers. I just feel as if it would be pretty fun to discuss my (and your) questions with other players.

DI0BL0

Re: Eventual Update Questions

Post by DI0BL0 » Mon May 20, 2013 12:31 am

1. This game will not be for consoles. That's the gist of this answer. But at the some time they are cross platform because they support mac, windows, and linux.

2. While I don't really know the answer I can assume that they will start on something else. And maybe release some dlc. But that may be unlikely. Also the game will reach a "finished" state. The devs for this game are amazing and committed.

Tilas300

Post by Tilas300 » Mon May 20, 2013 12:59 am

Well, for starters, "near" future? I don't think that Overgrowth will be finished any time soon... But seriously, I doubt they will port it to consoles. You say they will make more money from it, but the devs aren't making it for money. And, while I'm not entirely sure, I think that after Overgrowth is finished that they might release a few content updates, but the game has already proven, even in alpha, that it is extremely modable and the devs encourage modding. They will probably leave the rest to the players looking for more content. And I also doubt that they will release DLC, it doesn't seem like something the devs would do...Oh and this may sound like I'm trying to critisize both of you a bit, but I'm just giving my opinion. No critisizm intended. Just clearin' that up. Yuuup....

ncjm

Post by ncjm » Mon May 20, 2013 10:22 am

Really glad that I got some of my questions cleared up. Before I stop replying to this thread, does anyone else have any questions they would like to add?

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Mon May 20, 2013 10:27 am

Will Overgrowth be a card game with MMO elements and microtransactions?

ncjm

Post by ncjm » Mon May 20, 2013 12:00 pm

Timbles wrote:Will Overgrowth be a card game with MMO elements and microtransactions?
Now, honestly, I take this as a joke. but in my opinion, making a rabbit fighting tcg is very possible. Overgrowth is way too far in development to switch to this though. :lol:

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Mon May 20, 2013 1:47 pm

No the Wolfire dev team thought it'd be better to turn Overgrowth card game styled after Uno. Each time you lose, you pay a dollar, or a dill pickle.

ncjm

Post by ncjm » Mon May 20, 2013 2:20 pm

Now, honestly, how long ago was this? this intrigues me, and may be a question to seriously ask the devs xD

Ylvali

Post by Ylvali » Tue May 21, 2013 1:12 pm

Regarding consoles, I would love to see Overgrowth support OUYA.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Tue May 21, 2013 1:50 pm

Ylvali wrote:Regarding consoles, I would love to see Overgrowth support OUYA.
As cool as the OUYA is (I even have one... although, no way to hook it up HAHA) the graphics card is pretty limited. I could see that being a big issue in the future. Once Wolfire starts optimizing the game for lower end systems, it will be interesting to see what can really play the game. I imagine porting it over after that would be cool, (and David has expressed interest), but I wouldn't count on it.

Any other console development has been pretty well covered as well. Basically they said that if a console comes to them, asking for a port, they will consider it, but their focus is on making a computer based game for now.

ncjm

Post by ncjm » Wed May 22, 2013 10:52 am

I really think it would be cool to see if the Oculus Rift ever gets support. For some reason, this game feels like it could become so much more beautiful and amazing.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Wed May 22, 2013 11:06 am

Another note is that this game needs more shaders, even if it's just simply sparkles when you deal a card.

ncjm

Post by ncjm » Thu May 23, 2013 10:14 am

Timbles, you really are starting to confuse me :lol: I can't tell if you are serious, but what do you mean by "sparkles when you play a card"? Far as I know, there aren't any cards in overgrowth, and probably never will be. :P

Stuntddude

Post by Stuntddude » Thu May 23, 2013 5:13 pm

Timbles wrote:Another note is that this game needs more shaders, even if it's just simply sparkles when you deal a card.
Or sparkles everywhere, all the time, even. I like my games to look as shiny as possible.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Thu May 23, 2013 5:22 pm

Stuntddude wrote:
Timbles wrote:Another note is that this game needs more shaders, even if it's just simply sparkles when you deal a card.
Or sparkles everywhere, all the time, even. I like my games to look as shiny as possible.
Like Super Smash Brothers Brawl.